and now....the rain

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Desmo

Re: and now....the rain

Post by Desmo » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:35 am

Looks like you had a great time!!

I need to learn to turn!

t-$

Post by t-$ » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:20 am

yeah, i need to learn it too! it's getting there

one thing that has been positive is that every now and then when i had/have to do a quick turn to avoid something, the eons will just turn when i shift weight, and the edges engage so nicely. the emergency turn...sometimes seems easier when my head is out of the game and i just have to do it. when i'm cruising at speed and i have to think about all of the things that make a good turn, i get apprehensive about settling into the lead change. also, you can jam those things and turn almost over 45 degrees instantly in that situation. i can't do that on my fischers. those and the usgi's now feel like i am trying to muscle around 2x4's compared to the eons.

the last time i skied the usgi's was thursday (?) and the one glade i tried to ski was so crusty and the skis so heavy that the tips just buried and squirreled all over the place. those usgi's are going to take much, much more practice and finesse to get to turn really well consistently. the eon's make it so much easier. night and day difference.

but i certainly have crashed a lot more this weekend :? need to get a helmet if i'm gonna keep this up. rain/snow mix called for, shifting to snow tomorrow and colder temps! yay!

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:15 am

BACK TO THE RAAAIIIIINNNNNNN
Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 10.14.50 AM.png

t-$

Post by t-$ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:51 am

dangit! it's pouring here too!! :(

is it snow dance time???

Young Satchel

Post by Young Satchel » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:52 pm

Woodserson wrote:BACK TO THE RAAAIIIIINNNNNNN
Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 10.14.50 AM.png
Dude.

What in the ACTUAL FUCK with this bullshit?!

2 day’s into my passionate love affair and she wanna rain on my parade?

Pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t-$

Post by t-$ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:07 pm

hahaha :lol:

i'm not laughing at you, i promise...your comment just struck me as very funny! i feel your pain though. i wanna get out on the eons and unfortunately they ain't water skis...

it's like sailing in some ways. this summer (my first season sailing) i wanted to get on the water no matter what. so everyday, no matter what the conditions, i would take my little homemade boat out on the water. sails up, and me either paddling along or just sitting there getting sunburnt drinking beer.

either way it was fun, but we can't ski in these conditions, otherwise i would be walking around the woods with skis on.

kinda sounds like my normal ski technique anyway, maybe i should try it :?:

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:12 pm

Let it out YS, at least you are a member of a support group to help you get through it. Back in the day before the internet the only thing we had to ease the pain was huffing pine tar.

t-$

Post by t-$ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:22 pm

there's always tide-pods.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:59 pm

t-$ wrote:there's always tide-pods.
They give me the runs :( .

Young Satchel

Post by Young Satchel » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:03 pm

lowangle al wrote:Let it out YS, at least you are a member of a support group to help you get through it. Back in the day before the internet the only thing we had to ease the pain was huffing pine tar.
Haaaaaaaaaaa. [emoji23]

Dying laughing. Thanks for that, Al.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk