Adirondack weekend trip

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Lars

Adirondack weekend trip

Post by Lars » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:56 pm

Stayed in Saranac Lake this weekend and skied bit with my Fischer 88s.

The first day we tried out the cascade xc center in Lake Placid. The conditions were less than ideal - mid to upper 20s, semi groomed with packed granular - but there was enough loose snow to make it fun. Followed the trails off center and enjoyed some of the jackrabbit trail on private land. Took on some steep (for me) downhills that pushed my limits and learned a lot about controlling my descents.

Day two the weather warmed up considerably (low 40s) and everything got softer. Took the jackrabbit trail up to lake placid from the Craig Wood golf course and enjoyed some beautiful forests and ravines.

Started to rain on us just as we got back to the car, chasing us off the trail.

Was great fun, but I wish the conditions allowed us to venture further than we were able to.ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phoenix
Ski style: My own
Favorite Skis: Varies,I've had many favorites
Favorite boots: Excursions, T1's

Re: Adirondack weekend trip

Post by phoenix » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:10 pm

Nice. Those were my home trails and mountains for 20 years. There's a wealth of really fine trail skiing up into the peaks; most need confident downhill skills on nordic gear though.
I have fond memories of the 4 years I worked at Cascade XC center, hoping to make it back over there this season or next.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Re: Adirondack weekend trip

Post by Woodserson » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:18 pm

I miss the Adirondacks. Whatta place.