Ski Movies

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Askel

Re: Ski Movies

Post by Askel » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:51 pm

So this is one of my favorites. Kind of highlights how we have to make the best of maybe a couple hundred feet in elevation change.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:20 am

^^^^ Backyard skiing at its best! Anything involving skiing on two planks should simply be called "Winter Sports"... No matter what you do or how you do it, it's all about having fun out of your back door! 8-)

Skiing Tuckerman Ravine in 1938:

/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:02 pm

So this was totally me at Jay Peak last week when they had amazing snow, before the big melt.

What the hell is wrong with everybody?

On a related note, Marcus Caston is has an interesting style where he drops his hip as he rolls into turns. It's almost like an exaggerated Ligety. There are other videos on youtubes if you search. He actually looks like he's having a good time on his skis, and he TURNS. This one has a nice carving section at the end:

Harris

Post by Harris » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:28 am

Woodserson wrote:So this was totally me at Jay Peak last week when they had amazing snow, before the big melt.

What the hell is wrong with everybody?

On a related note, Marcus Caston is has an interesting style where he drops his hip as he rolls into turns. It's almost like an exaggerated Ligety. There are other videos on youtubes if you search. He actually looks like he's having a good time on his skis, and he TURNS. This one has a nice carving section at the end:

Damnnnnnnnnnnnn! I'm sure there is someone out there who would think this can be done as well on telemark skis, you know cause tele skis carve as well and all. lol!

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:26 am

Lol, but I don't remember anyone ever saying that. That's about as silly as saying that the telemark turn isn't a carved turn. :evil:

Woodserson

Post by Woodserson » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:03 am

I can't believe it's been TWENTY YEARS of the New Canadian Air Force. I still remember reading that first FREEZE magazine...

These guys were my heroes. They helped change everything. Holy shit, I'm not 18 anymore.

edit: I just found my old stickers... still have stickers... oh man

Woodserson

Post by Woodserson » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:07 pm

I really liked this. Not for everybody, but I really appreciate this. Damn. Look how smooth and relaxed he gets at the end.

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:06 pm

I would show my son the Snowbird video, but he already thinks I have a loose screw. There is a reason I would save my money to ski there every winter way back when I was single. The same reason I would make lap after lap on a 200 foot vertical 45 degree slope.
Man it was good... now I ski the blues in leathers with my son. Wondering if when he is ready I could still do it??? Oh Harris, by the first week of March, it's deep, no carving required ;)

Woodserson

Post by Woodserson » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:48 pm

Impeccably edited. Wow. NBC/Olympic adspot featuring Vonn. Shiffrin has one too but it's not as good as this one.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:16 pm

http://www.3sat.de/mediathek/?mode=play&obj=68757 Hopefully this link works.The first few minutes of this video show some great skiing by the "Herminator".