Where Are You Planning to Travel for Skiing This Winter?

Get psyched before your own next trip... fire your imagination and expand your horizons while discovering new telemark and backcountry skiing destinations from around the world. Our Trip Report Archive is packed with inspiring and informative words, photos and video, it’s a wonderful resource made possible by the contributions of thousands of enthusiastic members of our community. Come on in and get your stoke on…
Mountain Mitch

Where Are You Planning to Travel for Skiing This Winter?

Post by Mountain Mitch » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Xxxxxxxx
Last edited by Mountain Mitch on Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mountain Mitch

Re: Where Are You Planning to Travel for Skiing This Winter?

Post by Mountain Mitch » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:48 pm

Here’s a
Last edited by Mountain Mitch on Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:43 am

Mitch, that looks like a cool trip. It reminded me of a trip I read about here last year. It turns out that trip was your trip as well, the Ymir Backcountry Huts. I like your vacation style!
I am taking a long weekend this year for this year's Midwest Telefest https://m.facebook.com/Midwest-Telefest-187042302644/
I could probably be in Vermont with the same drive time, but living in Michigan there is a siren call to drive north over the Mackinaw Bridge to the Upper Peninsula. Once in the UP, it's easy to say it's only a little further west. I look forward to seeing the Porcupine Mountains. By most standards as mountains go they are pretty small. However it is a special north country, blessed by cold powder from Lake Superior (unless it freezes over)
I look forward to your photos!

Mountain Mitch

Post by Mountain Mitch » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:19 pm

Your trip sounds great. I’d never heard of the mid-west Telefest - or Porcupine Mountains. Looks like a fun time.

We’re kinda spoiled around here since there’s nothing but mountains. The Kokanee Glacier cabin is maybe 50 km as the crow flies from the Ymir Lodge so I’m not surprised my description reminded you of my posting on Ymir. The only problem is that with so much great local skiing it can be hard to travel very far for other skiing opportunities. I’d like to ski various areas but I always think “Yeah, but I haven’t been too...” say, ‘Kootenay Pass’ for a while. Then I start planning another local trip.

Our cabin prices vary widely. To stay at the ones on the Bonnington traverse that I mentioned are only $15/person/night (max. 6). You can go up and up from there!

Mountain Mitch

Post by Mountain Mitch » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:22 pm

Off
Last edited by Mountain Mitch on Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mountain Mitch

Post by Mountain Mitch » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:16 pm

As promise

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:55 am

Mountain Mitch wrote:As promise
Is there more of your post that is missing?