Alpina vs Scarpa boot size

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Nitram Tocrut
Ski style: Backyard XC skiing if that is a thing
Favorite Skis: Sverdrup and MT51
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska NNNBC

Alpina vs Scarpa boot size

Post by Nitram Tocrut » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:47 pm

I have the opportunity to buy a used pair of Scarpa T-2 size 31 but I can't return them if they don't fit (I could as well sell them then...). Last week I tried a pair of used Garmont Squadra 29.5 and they were way too small. Does anybody know how the Garmont and the Scarpa compare in term of sizing?

This year I bought a pair of Alpina Alaska 75 mm size 47 which is the equivalent of 31 Mondo or 13 U.S. So I think that the Scarpa at 31 should be fine...

Still, before committing those boots, I thought that there as to be someone on this forum that owns Alaska 75 mm and Scarpa T-2 and could "confirm" my assumption.

Thank's!

Martin

paulzo
Ski style: multi-day touring

Re: Alpina vs Scarpa boot size

Post by paulzo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:28 pm

Cant help on the alaskas; but as far as scarpa to garmont, i have 29.5 excursions that fit me and my friend's T3 in size 30 are just bit big so i think they run about the same.

Andy M

Post by Andy M » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:58 pm

I have the Alaska NNN-BC in 45 and the T2 in 28. I tried on the Alaska NNN-BC in 44 and they were just a bit short. The T2s fit great (and I have several pairs of Scarpas, all in 28).

Note that some sizing charts suggest I should be in Mondo 29, but those are too long for me. My feet measure just under 28 cm long, so that fits with Mondo sizing, at least with Scarpa. For reference, my regular hiking boot/running shoe size is US 11 to 11.5,depending on the brand.

phoenix
Ski style: My own
Favorite Skis: Varies,I've had many favorites
Favorite boots: Excursions, T1's

Post by phoenix » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:15 pm

I wear a size 42 Alaska (75mm), and have always worn a 26.5/27 T2, or T1. My foot measure's a 9.5 US.

Nitram Tocrut
Ski style: Backyard XC skiing if that is a thing
Favorite Skis: Sverdrup and MT51
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska NNNBC

Post by Nitram Tocrut » Sat May 04, 2019 9:01 am

I finally got the pair of used Scarpa T-2 size 31 and they are just fine.

Thank's everyone for your help.

Now I just need one chance to try them this spring and it is today... gonna head to Mont-Tremblant late this afternoon and hope the snow is fine.

Anyone near Tremblant want to jump in?