Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Cannatonic

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by Cannatonic » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:25 pm

I really like the Nato Combat ski - 82-64-74 - I've got 200cm, it turns easily, it's slightly heavier & more durable than E109's or Asnes Ingstad, it has less rocker which I prefer. Very thick edges, good for exposed rocks. Takes kicker skins, you can climb intermediate trails at Stowe with a 60mm kicker skin, it's super convenient.

Breidablikk is the same thing without edges, would be good for a dedicated dry-powder ski. It's hard to choose, they're all really good at something, they're all made with camber for XC touring as well as turning. I'd love try a pair of "Finnmark" a new one from Asnes that is the Gamme/E99 shape with no edges. The light weight of these edgeless skis would be great for cold powder.
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:49 pm

Liking the 109's....Excellent in the turn and has been wonderful on the up....Course that was red on powder and they REALLY went up!!!!!!Turn on a dime and ride real good....Still me thinks Asnes has skis in that zone that can and do the Tele deal....I kinda grin when I'm shuffling and sliding or poling across ponds.....LC KICKS and GLIDES....Bet he would Dust this old guy.....So I get there and the down is Waay good...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:34 pm

man the snow was tough two days ago...Skis at times went in to the knee and that was down low....Tomorrow will get out of the car 700 feet higher and see what there is to ski....Week ago @ 4 feet...Lots of rain...will see...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:19 pm

Still able to go top to bottom on a small ridge in the Northeast Kingdom.....All turns were turn out teles....Had to steer across some leaves and moss where the winds and sun hit but in the Shade the snow is holding up good....Will get a 1 May ski again and that ain't to bad....From there will hit Stowe and have a few turns....Probably on lower Lord or (?).....Hope to get some speedy arcs and will try the 109's over there on corn???? or mush....TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:25 pm

I wont be back north till June...are you up for a Mt. Washington cow meadow visit if there is snow left?

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:10 am

See what's doing then....canoe on a river doesn't sound to bad!!!! Also need to repair Telecamp....And rebuild Little Mountain camp....Got to have a nice patch ski over at Mansfield...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:45 am

Last ski in the Highlands a couple of days back.....Lots of leaves...mud....lichen....moss...logs...Teleking...Telekid and I...Mostly turn out tele's and survival turns...Lots of shuffle and slide in wet areas and while not the kind of skiing for all.....for us it was GOOD!!!!!!! TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:04 pm

Sounds good to me Teleman. I was at my buddy's cabin Saturday for the Michigan trout opener. Fishing was tough with cold, cold water. I didn't catch many. I caught a fat 15 " brown trout that made a fantastic dinner last night. Tonight I'm eating a skinner 15" rainbow and a 10" rainbow. I guess I want to drag more lead uphill next ski season. That's okay, all that lead goes downhill faster!
Have a good off season, looking forward to any posts from the NE Kingdom... or free man made at Stowe
Arc on

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed May 01, 2019 9:15 am

Might have to start fishing again....Been a while....This spring has been cold, wet, and muddy....Soon as a WARM day hits it's Stowe....Told Telewheels to bring some skinnies and see the Boys jaw drop....(Telewheels skis with all the latest and greatest)....but a few years back.....closed Stowe....I offered Teleking and Chuck from BC Mag......the 99's.....Nope says they.....Telewheels took them and headed up while we enjoyed COLD beer....A while later down came a tele diety arcing the entire trail....fast....wicked ARCS......rounded turns.....Rooster tails.....Good God it was Wheels....Thinking he should get back to it!!!!!! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri May 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Raining out....So headed up to the Highlands figuring no snow.....But there was a...er...ribbon of about 50 yards tucked into ledge....Several turn out tele's....and the deed was done...End of BC up there for sure.....Great year even with a fractured skull...Because of November got well over a hundred days in and have at least one more over to Stowe if the sun ever shines again...TM