Dropping a Knee Down South

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Rainbow83
Ski style: XC racer learning Tele and exploring XCD
Favorite Skis: Current XCD/Tele Quiver includes: USGI Asnes MT65, Fischer Voodoo, K2 Super Stinx
Favorite boots: Asolo Extreme

Dropping a Knee Down South

Post by Rainbow83 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:40 pm

I've been down in Argentina the past week with my school's cross country ski team training with a partner club in Bariloche. Bariloche is a big ski resort place, similar to some of the American ones out west. Anyways, we've been taking a gondola up the mountain to train on the Nordic trails there. Yesterday we decided that we didn't feel like taking the lift down, so we skied up a ways to the Alpine area and hit some blue and green trails all the way down to the bottom, about 2300 feet of vertical total. Having never Alpine skied before, it was my first time skiing down a big mountain. It was pretty exciting, especially on skinny xc racing skis. I had a bit of trouble on the steeper stuff, especially with the crowds of Alpine skiers around, but on the more mellow trails towards the bottom, the snow was perfect, and it seemed like I could link turns forever. Anyways, I figured I'd share it on here, as it's probably not too often that anyone here is out skiing in August.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Re: Dropping a Knee Down South

Post by fisheater » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:16 pm

You're in trouble now. Next thing you'll be on T4's and Voile Vectors!!! Lol
Thank you for sharing. I imagine it could be very difficult linking turns on gear better suited to cross country racing. It is a testament to the ability of high level cross country ski racers, to pull it off so well.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Re: Dropping a Knee Down South

Post by Woodserson » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:01 pm

Epic, YO! PICS