Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:44 am

jeebers....so was playing horseshoes up in Stannard Vermont.....hands were freezing up and in the middle of stick season cold winds were blowing....Got our butts handed to us...Snowshoe Donny and I.....Soon a squall came by and flurries were wicked and felt great....headed home and played another set with Teleking and another squall...this time it was wet and cold snow that covered my glasses with ice dots and it was inspiring....Covered the pits....Well will be ready next time and as of today the skis are in the car....TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:11 pm

So.. sounds like that winter we played shoes every month of the year. Shoveling off drifts up at D’S... HOPEFULLY THIS YEAR BRINGS MORE POWDER!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:50 am

Had a great year, last year, with November the best in memory....been thinking of heading West this year but if the Daks are open in march......that might be as far West that I will go....Got a lot of wood?.....heh....how high was the last fire?????? have some pictures through the window of a raging fire....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:41 am

Three inches with a film of ice which made for wicked skiing for the conditions...Couple of turns and a couple of Arcs makes an oldie feel pretty good....All the things you can think of were laying in wait...but...if you had the skis kinds flat they rode over most stuff with little of the base of the ski wasted....TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:41 pm

Hold on, you guys ski really cool terrain. Then you drink beer and throw shoes? Good thing you don’t have a groomer and lifts, or the place would look like Killington north.
I guess you guys would be safe. Those Killington folks probably could keep up skiing, pitching, or drinking!

greatgt

Re: What happened to Steve Barnett??

Post by greatgt » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:09 am

Could have some pretty decent base soon.....looks to be @ 5 inches out the window and its in the teens....Good! on a typical ski up to TK1...tele camp one....fisheater my pack has wax....extra gloves, Bottle of water, 4 beers,, leatherman tool, extra shell....We ski a bit then head into the "Camp"....Camp has a small stove....took a bit to get there.....2 and a half miles out....We also constructed a ledge fireplace....Wicked!...We bring lots of food but a couple of years back a friend who skis with us shot a Moose and that was as good as it gets....Moose burgher was awesome....W usually carry bacon....onions.....peppers...and lots of herb....for the burgher of course.....It usually turns into a skiing and eating frenzy.....Up there all runs are short and there is terrain for everybody.....Skiing out can be a bit wobbly but the wax trail in is useful on the way out....If we go to Little Mountain.....the skiing is steeper and there are thousands of acres in both places....Mostly there are no other humans around.....Lots of fun....TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:36 pm

I am miising that snow; and the snow shoe crowd too ( we dont discrimate, much).
From the keys...
9933B9FC-F0A7-484D-A5B1-09A19EEC1996.jpeg

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:13 pm

Nice rainbow.....heading out to some hill somewhere and in my mind salute all vets.....Have a beer....Think of all my relatives who fought in WW2.....mentors who fought in the Korean War and many friends who fought in Vietnam.....Thank all the Vets who did their duty in Sand country....Thanks!!!! TM

teledance

Post by teledance » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:56 am

https://www.indyskipass.com/resorts#western
Just in case you come west, 2 of our local ski areas are on the pass, and some close road trip areas too.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:56 pm

Thanks TD....Sketchy skiing right now but building up...."49" is one I'd like to get to.....But a bunch look great....This time I'll have some semi downhill skis...... Will see about heading West....Already have a volunteer driver....Will see...TM