Yellow TX Comp vs Grey TX Comp ??

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
earnyerturn
Ski style: All around
Occupation: Propagator of Stoke for Ski/SB program facilitating the mountain love for folks of all abilities

Yellow TX Comp vs Grey TX Comp ??

Post by earnyerturn » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:29 pm

NTN Free-heelers,

I am amidst a first-world dilemma: Do I upgrade or ride out another season in the Yellow/Black TX Comps?

Curious to know if anyone here has experience with both and bumped up to the current generation? Lighter, stiffer? Inquiring mind would like to know.

Have an opportunity to clear some New Old Stock, and curious to know if it's #worthit.

All the thanks

teleTay

Re: Yellow TX Comp vs Grey TX Comp ??

Post by teleTay » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:51 am

Same boot, just different colors and buckles.
If your due for a fresh pair, treat your self haha... but if not... not missing anything other than new colors

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Re: Yellow TX Comp vs Grey TX Comp ??

Post by Johnny » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:50 am

I have both... And although they are the same boots, the new grey ones ski A LOT better than the old yellow ones! But in my case this is due to their age... My yellow ones were almost dead... 8-)

(If you have the yellow Comps with old plastic instep buckles (clic-clic-clic-clic-clic), those are worth upgrading to the metal insteps even if they are NOS...)
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."