Gear Basket

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Bri7

Re: Gear Basket

Post by Bri7 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Thank you guys for the tip!

I bought the Asnes at 29.99$ And 15$ expedited shipping.

At first look, it doesn’t look like a bad ski at all. The ski’s construction is pretty good overall and doesn’t look factory second. The ski has some deburring that would probably not be on retail skis but nothing to stop it from working.

The base is pretty strange. The waxless pattern has nothing to do with Madshus Omnitrack or Rossi and Voile pattern. The negative pattern is not very deep in the base. You could probably have the base grind a few times and the pattern d dissapear and turn that waxless ski into a wax version (I will probably do that later).

Since the scales are not very deep, it can be fill with wax easily.

I doubt the scale will provide enough grip to do anything. Wax will most likely be neccessary
3068EADA-2B97-4A4F-B955-3E9286B7B523.jpeg
BEF17EFC-E9CD-440A-8D0A-48B19E9618D6.jpeg

jyw5

Post by jyw5 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:13 pm

Thanks for the update and let us know how they do...especially for kick and glide. I am tempted to order a pair too. Can it be filled in the base with melted p-tex?? then sand it lightly and turn it into waxable skis ??

I still need a pair of rock skis for flattish trails for good k&g. I am reluctant to take my other (good) pairs out sometimes because there's so much dog poop, alders, rocks, and gravel on the trail.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:27 am

If you can get them for 15$ shipping like Bri above, that would be a good deal. The last couple pairs of skis I had shipped were more like 60$. At close to a hundred bucks you may find a better deal on some used skis at one of the Play It Again Sports or the Hoarding Marmut in Anchorage. I have old single camber Fischers that skis well that I would get rid of if you can wait a few weeks.

sparker1987

Post by sparker1987 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:58 am

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 578763359/

195 Annums, never mounted, $200 in Schenectady, NY
Was looking at buying for myself but I think they might be a little long for what I want (length not listed, I messaged to find out)

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:02 pm

lowangle al wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:27 am
If you can get them for 15$ shipping like Bri above, that would be a good deal. The last couple pairs of skis I had shipped were more like 60$. At close to a hundred bucks you may find a better deal on some used skis at one of the Play It Again Sports or the Hoarding Marmut in Anchorage. I have old single camber Fischers that skis well that I would get rid of if you can wait a few weeks.
Voodoos ? Just curious, Voodoos were my first Tele ski. They were a little soft for Midwest hard, hardpack, but they were fun on better conditions. I lent them to a friend in the late 90’s, he said he would drop them back off sometime. I keep telling let’s just go skiing sometime. I even promised to tune them or lend him another pair, for the day or weekend that is!

Bri7

Post by Bri7 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:39 am

jyw5 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:13 pm
Can it be filled in the base with melted p-tex?? then sand it lightly and turn it into waxable skis ??
I can be done for sure. Its going to be a lot of work... I filled the pattern with wax instead much easier for now.
C1DC55BB-E327-4038-8851-ECFD9D5A279A.jpeg
11468BCC-2F8B-4CB4-8A68-2A1D5E8A680F.jpeg

lowangle al
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:54 am

fisheater wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:02 pm
lowangle al wrote:
Voodoos ? Just curious, Voodoos were my first Tele ski. They were a little soft for Midwest hard, hardpack, but they were fun on better conditions. I lent them to a friend in the late 90’s, he said he would drop them back off sometime. I keep telling let’s just go skiing sometime. I even promised to tune them or lend him another pair, for the day or weekend that is!
I bought them used and don't remember the model but Voodoos doesn't ring a bell. These are maybe 60 in the waist.

jyw5

Post by jyw5 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:08 am

lowangle al wrote:
Thanks! My first nordic skis were from Play It Again. But I am curious about these Asnes skis. And the waxing over the pattern looks like a good idea.
I may get them shipped to CA. I will be visiting family next month. The shipping is $35. I'm debating on what bindings I would mount. NNN would be easiest and cheapest as I have an old pair of skis I can take them from...but NNN BC would be better...but I am a bit reluctant to spend another $90. I may keep looking as I am enjoying the downhill skiing and not doing any flat. We are getting a few inches of snow right now. Should be a great day tomorrow.

lowangle al

Post by lowangle al » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:02 pm

P1030118.JPG
Here is a pic of the Fischers, they are a GTS apparently. I bought them for the Riva bindings which are now on other skis.

jyw5

Post by jyw5 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:32 am

Asnes Ingstad

https://varuste.net/en/Åsnes+Ingstad+BC ... gJNdvD_BwE

has anyone ordered from Varuste? prices and shipping look good (better than REI and many US vendors) and a wider selection of Scandinavian products. any import taxes from Finland?