Ski Movies

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
vt_trees

Re: Ski Movies

Post by vt_trees » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:02 pm

Woodserson wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:56 pm
Late 90's. Long skis, cable bindings, big mountains, deep snow, some big air, and an epic crash sequence at the end.

This is awesome! Near the top of my all time favorite tele films.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:04 pm

It's the jump turns, it makes you feel good just watching them.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:00 pm

I find these guys inspiring. I need to up my game.

bauerb

Post by bauerb » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:03 pm

Tele water skiing, jump turns and epic crashes. best movie ever.

twopass
Favorite Skis: Tatra Gopher High 12's
Favorite boots: Red Wing

Post by twopass » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:11 am

"I really have had enough of illogical detraction by association as a way of avoiding logical argument by an absurd extension of ad hominem argument to third parties."

Landscraper

Post by Landscraper » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:41 pm

Anyone mentioned Aspen Extreme yet?! :lol:

Andy M

Post by Andy M » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:28 am

Two years ago today in the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, Kikkan Randall and Jessie Diggins won the first ever U.S. gold medal in cross-country skiing in the womens team sprint! Here's the video of the exciting finish:

Of course, the first and only other U.S. Olympic cross-country medal was the silver won by Bill Koch in the 30-km event in Innsbruck in 1976. Here's a fun photo I found of him:

Bill-Koch-D25-361x380.png

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:07 pm

Bill Koch definitely inspired me in childhood! I'm sure he was a hero role model for many people that are nordic skiing today. today I mention his name and most people have no idea what I'm taking about :roll:
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

bauerb

Post by bauerb » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:02 pm

I grew up skiing in the Bill Koch ski league in VT, starting in the "5 and under" races. I have an old scrap book full of ribbons that say "Bill Koch ski league". he was definitely our hero back then. as I recall, he practically invented the skate technique. back then in the transitional years, we started skating in tracks using one leg to push. there were a few awkward years where we dared each other not to us kick wax and try and "skate" the whole race.

btw, I love watching Jessie D. race. that woman always has the biggest smile on her face, and she kicks ass. the end of the olympic relay was one of the most epic finishes I have ever seen.

oldschool47

Post by oldschool47 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:53 pm

bauerb wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:02 pm
I have an old scrap book full of ribbons that say "Bill Koch ski league".
Cross-country skiing is the best sport in the world. Swear to God. Cross-country skiing = classic style and skate skiing. Best sport in the world means that it gives your brain more feel-good energy per hour and your body a better aerobic and anaerobic workout per hour than any other sport in existence.

This video of Bill was available for viewing worldwide a few years ago. It's a great clip. I posted it on Epic and Pugski. Why is it no longer available for viewing in the U.S.? Out of sight out of mind? Somebody doesn't want us to see someone, especially a living-legend like Bill, skiing parallel on XC skis? Some sinister group is attempting to Manufacturing Consent?

"Old School Kochie.mov": https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC650C6EA69173C11