Biological Annihilation

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
twopass
Favorite Skis: Tatra Gopher High 12's
Favorite boots: Red Wing

Re: Bugpocalypse

Post by twopass » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:13 pm

Insect numbers down 25% since 1990, global study finds
Scientists say insects are vital and the losses worrying, with accelerating declines in Europe called ‘shocking’
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... tudy-finds
"I really have had enough of illogical detraction by association as a way of avoiding logical argument by an absurd extension of ad hominem argument to third parties."

twopass

Post by twopass » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:30 am

"I really have had enough of illogical detraction by association as a way of avoiding logical argument by an absurd extension of ad hominem argument to third parties."

twopass

Post by twopass » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:20 pm

Hasn't changed since Roger 'n Me.

twopass

Post by twopass » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:03 am

Over the past two decades, I have personally witnessed and addressed in my work four mass species die-offs in the United States—birds, piñon, polar bear and sea stars.

And speaking of extinctions, last year, the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES), which operates under the aegis of the United Nations Environment Programme, issued what could be considered the grimmest warming of human history—that 1 million animal and plant species are facing extinction, many within decades—all due to human activities.
https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/04/29 ... ion/print/

twopass

Re: Biological Annihilation

Post by twopass » Fri May 01, 2020 2:14 pm

twopass

Post by twopass » Sat May 02, 2020 5:39 pm

twopass

Post by twopass » Tue May 05, 2020 1:52 pm

twopass

Post by twopass » Thu May 07, 2020 2:37 am

twopass

Post by twopass » Mon May 11, 2020 7:11 pm

twopass

Post by twopass » Wed May 13, 2020 12:18 am

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/05/12 ... of-alaska/
.....the paramount risk is that extreme heat waves that previously happened once every 25 years will now become annual events with temperatures close to or above the wet-bulb threshold for several weeks each year, in turn leading to mass famine and mass migrations.
https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/05/12 ... too-early/