Fischer Factory in jeopardy

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
mca80
Ski style: Over the river and through the woods
Favorite Skis: Nansen, Finnmark, Kongsvold, Combat NATO, Fischer Superlite, RCS
Favorite boots: Crispi Bre, Hook, Alpina 1600, Alico Ski March, Crispi Mountain

Re: Fischer Factory in jeopardy

Post by mca80 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:39 pm

randoskier wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:40 am
mca80 wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:25 pm
randoskier wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:42 pm

This is far beyond "politics"
Call it what you will, it ruins a forum about skiing.
Yes a forum a baout skiing- and the Fischer ski factory that produces 40% of all the skis made in the world is in grave danger of being destroyed or taken over by Russia. 3,000 employees of Fischer skis are in mortal jeopardy, many of their families have already fled to Hungary. Sorry bro but that IS ski news.
And how does your calling a foreign leader "a malignant thug" have relevance to skiing? See, this is the path I did not want to go down. But to take the bait...You do realize the USA has done far worse to numerous places in the world the past 40 years, right? And that they orchestrated a coup in Ukraine to place pro-Western puppets in power, whilst ignoring numerous promises and written accords regarding NATO expansion? Everything Putin has done or been accused of, the US is guilty of ten fold. The doublespeak and brainwashing is beyond anything Orwell dreamt. I feel for the Ukraine people, but also the Russian people, the American people, the European people, etc., as they are all governed by oligarchic "thugs" regardless of what "politics" their particular nations profess to have. You think the CIA and Bezos and Gates and Dimon and Bush-Clinton cabal and the Vampire Squid care about you, or Ukrainians for that matter? That will be my final word on this because I don't think it's useful in this forum unless it's specifically about whether skis will be available (my guess is shortage and higher prices, like shortage and inflation in everything; which started long before Putin moved into Ukraine despite corporate media's blaming him for everything bad in the world just like they did with other leading roles in prior scripts).

connyro
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:22 pm

mca80 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:39 pm
randoskier wrote:
mca80 wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:25 pm

Call it what you will, it ruins a forum about skiing.
Yes a forum a baout skiing- and the Fischer ski factory that produces 40% of all the skis made in the world is in grave danger of being destroyed or taken over by Russia. 3,000 employees of Fischer skis are in mortal jeopardy, many of their families have already fled to Hungary. Sorry bro but that IS ski news.
And how does your calling a foreign leader "a malignant thug" have relevance to skiing? See, this is the path I did not want to go down. But to take the bait...You do realize the USA has done far worse to numerous places in the world the past 40 years, right? And that they orchestrated a coup in Ukraine to place pro-Western puppets in power, whilst ignoring numerous promises and written accords regarding NATO expansion? Everything Putin has done or been accused of, the US is guilty of ten fold. The doublespeak and brainwashing is beyond anything Orwell dreamt. I feel for the Ukraine people, but also the Russian people, the American people, the European people, etc., as they are all governed by oligarchic "thugs" regardless of what "politics" their particular nations profess to have. You think the CIA and Bezos and Gates and Dimon and Bush-Clinton cabal and the Vampire Squid care about you, or Ukrainians for that matter? That will be my final word on this because I don't think it's useful in this forum unless it's specifically about whether skis will be available (my guess is shortage and higher prices, like shortage and inflation in everything; which started long before Putin moved into Ukraine despite corporate media's blaming him for everything bad in the world just like they did with other leading roles in prior scripts).
Just wanted to pop in and point out that you made this political. It's 100% on you. Also, please keep your Newsmax/OAN/Faux news MISINFORMATION to yourself. I don't really care about people talking politics, even on a ski forum, but you are spreading MISINFORMATION so maybe keep it to the off-topic forum or better yet, keep that nonsense for yourself and your unfortunate friends. I'm not interesting in "discussing" our differing opinions and perspectives or any of the finer points of your ignorance with you, so save it.

randoskier
Ski style: awkward
Favorite Skis: snow skis
Favorite boots: go-go

Post by randoskier » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:50 pm

connyro wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:22 pm
mca80 wrote:
randoskier wrote:

MCA is a Russian bot
Just wanted to pop in and point out that you made this political. It's 100% on you. Also, please keep your Newsmax/OAN/Faux news MISINFORMATION to yourself. I don't really care about people talking politics, even on a ski forum, but you are spreading MISINFORMATION so maybe keep it to the off-topic forum or better yet, keep that nonsense for yourself and your unfortunate friends. I'm not interesting in "discussing" our differing opinions and perspectives or any of the finer points of your ignorance with you, so save it.

TheMusher
Ski style: Telemark / BC / Nordic sled

Post by TheMusher » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:32 pm

Thoughts and prayers with the factory workers and the rest of the people of Ukraine.

There is an outright genocide going on in a garden of Europe. Ludicrous at best to discard this is just "politics".

Glad to see our community is united in support of our brethren fighting for their existence in Ukraine - with a few exceptions.

Oh and if you only care about skiing: Factory operations is disrupted, so you may not get your 22/23 shiny pair of carbon skis next fall.

With great despair
The Musher

Edit: Why do certain people have the need to bring up US politics to every unrelated issue? Europeans in particular couldn't care less.

bark-eater

Post by bark-eater » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:29 am

randoskier wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:50 pm
connyro wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:22 pm
mca80 wrote:

MCA is a Russian bot
While Mr. MCAs post was a textbook example of "whataboutery", which is a rhetorical devise that the Soviet alternative truth machine has historically relied on, and a huge red flag that an individual may be a card carrying member of the Russian troll army, I would offer an alternative interpretation: Mr. MCA would like to believe he is personally able to shield himself from any responsibility as a world citizen with this rhetoric, and wants to stay in his happy space, which is skiing. I might suggest that if that if he wants to be an Ostridge, he should keep his head down in the sand/snow.

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:33 am

Here is some historical details/explanation of the origin of the conflict by a famous soviet bot american intellectual citizen: Naom Chomsky...

É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

connyro

Post by connyro » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:05 am

Rodbelan wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:33 am
Here is some historical details/explanation of the origin of the conflict by a famous soviet bot american intellectual citizen: Naom Chomsky...

Chomsky has exceeded his expiration date these days when it comes to political discourse. New Yorker has an older but still great read about this: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2003 ... accountant

Here's a link to chomsky's Ukrainian translator refuting chomsky's position on the Russian invasion of Ukraine: https://lithub.com/a-ukrainian-translat ... -invasion/

Would you prefer this type of leadership from the usa?: https://crooksandliars.com/2022/03/varn ... al-say-how

randoskier
Ski style: awkward
Favorite Skis: snow skis
Favorite boots: go-go

Post by randoskier » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:29 pm

Rodbelan wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:33 am

Chomsky went out with Che Guerva posters, and lava lights....

tkarhu
Ski style: XCD | Nordic ice skating | XC | BC-XC
Favorite Skis: Gamme | Falketind Xplore | Atomic RC-10
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard | boots that fit

Post by tkarhu » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:29 pm

Conversation above seems to be about who is evil and who good, Russia or the US. Not talking about US now, Russia’s war tactics is targeted towards civilian population. Such facts can be read on Arab news sites like Al-Jazeera (in English) who are quite independent from war parties. @mca80 could you maybe re-check your data in following article and similar, third party content? Maybe that opens a little Putin’s ways of working.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/1 ... ly-similar

On US, critical arguments seem valid on certain actions in other wars. However, that does not justify Putin’s current actions in Ukraine.

However, like someone commented, the Fischer ski factory seems relatively safe because it is in SW Ukraine. Russia’s army is not proceeding very well, maybe because their soldiers are not too motivated in killing their Ukrainian cousins.

Musk Ox
Ski style: Bad
Favorite Skis: I am a circumpolar mammal
Favorite boots: Hooves

Post by Musk Ox » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:59 am

mca80 wrote:
.You do realize the USA has done far worse to numerous places in the world the past 40 years, right?
Judge: Mr Musk Ox, how do you plead?
Me: Not guilty, Your Honour.
Judge: You are on video breaking in, poisoning the goldfish, eating the dog, shitting in the sink and setting fire to the curtains, singing "My name is Musk Ox and I am burning down this fucking house."
Me: That is true, but there's this guy in Scotland who threw a bag of puppies into the canal, and whatabout whatabout whatabout him.

I will never understand this line of argument because, like most others with rudimentary decency, I'm capable of condemning certain things the United States or whoever has done WHILE ALSO taking a zero-tolerance line to the deliberate bombing of civilians, the shooting down of passenger aircraft, the use of chemical weapons, the poisoning, shooting, kidnapping, and throwing-out-of-windows of opposition leaders, journalists and corrupt billionaire 'former business partners' in London, causing division in other countries, criminalising homosexuality and unprovoked invasions of neighbouring sovereign states while building a palce on the Black Sea paid for with money stolen from the hard work of the Russian people.

Vladimir Putin is a murderous fascist and this isn't a matter of politics. I don't understand how anyone decent could expend a moment writing words to defend him on a public forum about telemark skiing.