I'm done.

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
fgd135
Ski style: Yes, sometimes.
Favorite Skis: Most of them
Favorite boots: Boots that fit

I'm done.

Post by fgd135 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:52 pm

All this bickering in what was, at least when I joined, an interesting and informative forum, has completely soured me on this thing. Constant trolling and name calling has just ruined it. You folks can fight it out amongst yourselves. Too bad the forum owner/moderator can't see that the trolling has destroyed it.
"To me, gracefulness on skis should be the end-all of the sport" --Stein Eriksen

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Re: I'm done.

Post by fisheater » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:35 pm

fgd135 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:52 pm
All this bickering in what was, at least when I joined, an interesting and informative forum, has completely soured me on this thing. Constant trolling and name calling has just ruined it. You folks can fight it out amongst yourselves. Too bad the forum owner/moderator can't see that the trolling has destroyed it.
I hope you’re not done @fgd135 , I have always enjoyed your posts.

Montana St Alum
Ski style: Old dog, new school
Favorite Skis: Blizzard Rustler 9/10
Favorite boots: Tx Pro

Post by Montana St Alum » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:36 pm

Just engage "ignore" mode.

Manney
needs to take stock of his life

Post by Manney » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:02 pm

fisheater wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:35 pm
I have always enjoyed your posts.
Me too. Not enough to stay silent during dog piling or watching somebody get led astray tho. Too much of that online already.
Go Ski

Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational Hack
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Post by Stephen » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:38 pm

@Manney, how is it that you can place your singular interest in saving us from ourselves above multiple interests in your not doing that?
If you were able to step back and take an objective look (without self-interest), you would see that you are diminishing the enjoyment and value of this forum for many people.

You may justify this by thinking that you are protecting less knowledgeable members from bad advice, or setting the record straight, but mostly, I doubt many care.

Personally, I would evaluate your "contributions" as a net loss for this forum.
Maybe you could start your own forum, with your flavor of content?

I'll now go back to sitting on my hands...

CwmRaider
Ski style: XC-(D) tinkerer
Favorite Skis: Åsnes FT62 XP, Børge Ousland
Occupation: Very precise measurements of very small quantities.

Post by CwmRaider » Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:37 pm

fgd135 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:52 pm
I see what you mean, and I hope for better times in the future too. I highly valued your contributions. Smooth sailing.

Manney

Post by Manney » Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:53 pm

Stephen wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:38 pm
how is it that you can place your singular interest in saving us from ourselves above multiple interests in your not doing that?
If you were able to step back and take an objective look (without self-interest), you would see that you are diminishing the enjoyment and value of this forum for many people.

You may justify this by thinking that you are protecting less knowledgeable members from bad advice, or setting the record straight, but mostly, I doubt many care.

Personally, I would evaluate your "contributions" as a net loss for this forum.
Maybe you could start your own forum, with your flavor of content?

I'll now go back to sitting on my hands...
The truth is a collective interest. Being one of the few pointing it out doesn’t mean it’s personal.

You pulled this same schtick some time ago… called to have me banned. Johnny not only didn’t agree but told one of your homies to get a life or leave. As per usual, you slinked out when the wind direction changed.

https://www.telemarktalk.com/viewtopic. ... =70#p61047

Thing is that my posts mostly receive attack on a personal level. Right out of the box… by conny, lowangle al, sometimes fisheater… with you following up. Always the follower, like a kid brother. Betcha it’s always been that way.

As for contributions, my posts contain content (unless being dragged OT by you or one of your assholes throwing shade). Its like keeping the peace means kissing your ass, but that isn’t part of the user agreement. Or maybe you could provide a link to correct me.

Your singular interest is in spreading and enforcing a doctrine. When that is challenged in any way, you guys see it as a personal challenge. Why? Don’t know, but it probably has to do with some kind of self esteem issue… need to feel loved, admired etc. Which also explains why you band together and back each others play. Sweet, but lame.

Be your own person. Don’t follow somebody else’s tracks. Carve your own.
Go Ski

Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational Hack
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Post by Stephen » Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:53 pm

Manney wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:53 pm

You pulled this same schtick some time ago… called to have me banned.
Let’s be honest, maybe what you HEARD was me asking Johnny to ban you, but I never DID that.

Mostly just expressed my own personal perspective on the effect a lot of your posts have on the vibe, here.

Post were I actually did ask for your ban, and I’ll freely apologize to you.

connyro

Post by connyro » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:00 pm

I saw the title of this thread, jumped to conclusions and got excited, but then realized that it wasn't mammey who was done on this site. Instead, it turned out to be fgd135- a respected and experienced member who's opinions and posts I truly respected. That's a big loss for this forum and a personal disappointment.

Manney

Post by Manney » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:13 pm

Stephen wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:53 pm
Manney wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:53 pm

You pulled this same schtick some time ago… called to have me banned.
Let’s be honest, maybe what you HEARD was me asking Johnny to ban you, but I never DID that.

Mostly just expressed my own personal perspective on the effect a lot of your posts have on the vibe, here.

Post were I actually did ask for your ban, and I’ll freely apologize to you.
Creating a post complaining about a person TO a mod IS asking for a ban. But, ever the passive aggressive, you just can’t come out and state your case. Only express feelings… which you should have complete control over as an adult. Lacking that, activate ignore. Job done.

Or, you can try to influence ppl to self censor in a way that makes you happier. Lacking that, you call on the rat pack. The clusters are clear. The sequence was lowangle al, connyro, fisheater, than you. Since lowangle al was reminded of the exit sign, it’s now conny, fish, and you. Like clockwork. And the term bully is even used. LOL. How funny is that.

Does it bring the forum down? Sure. Good people leave. No sane person loves a “domestic”. But they only take notice as it peaks. They don’t wade through the torrent of posts where you guys line up and create a stink of your choosing.

It’s so blatantly obvious when ppl join a thread with posts like this…
connyro wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:25 am
Well lookie here - Manney's got a thread going that's got some importance to himself. It'd be a real shame if something happened to it: say, something like it got derailed or sent off-topic.
Doesn’t bother me. Tip in, pile on. It’s just all talk. But it pisses people off… even those who aren’t following the play by play in order to assign the proper measure of blame to the guilty party.
connyro wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:00 pm
I saw the title of this thread, jumped to conclusions and got excited, but then realized that it wasn't mammey who was done on this site. Instead, it turned out to be fgd135- a respected and experienced member who's opinions and posts I truly respected. That's a big loss for this forum and a personal disappointment.
This is rich. You’ve disrespected more people on this forum than anyone. Goes back to nearly the beginning. A simple search will reveal that.
Go Ski