East Richford slide, Jay Peak and Sutton March 12 2015

Get psyched before your own next trip... fire your imagination and expand your horizons while discovering new telemark and backcountry skiing destinations from around the world. Our Trip Report Archive is packed with inspiring and informative words, photos and video, it’s a wonderful resource made possible by the contributions of thousands of enthusiastic members of our community. Come on in and get your stoke on…
MikeK

Re: East Richford slide, Jay Peak and Sutton March 12 2015

Post by MikeK » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:54 pm

Bri7 wrote: Johnny is just s ski bump living like each day was the last of his life. On my side I'm trying hard to live like each day was the second last day of my life.
Met a dude today who happens to be doing some restoration work for the state... some pretty cool stuff. Anyway... turns out he's been living like this since he was 19 because well, when he was 19 he had a brain tumor and every doctor told him he was going to die...

Long story short he just said fuck it... I'm not going to college, I'm just going to work for the NYS DEC and hang out in the high peaks and ski, hike and fuck off because I'm going to be dead anyway... Well I didn't ask him how old he is now but I'd guess in mid to late 50s. He looked pretty alive to me, and he still didn't give a fuck. Just living every day like it was his last because according to what should have happened, it's all just borrowed time anyway!

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:17 am

Yep, just fuck it...!

One should not expect Life to reveal it's truth and show it's real wonder if you're trading it for a few bucks a day instead of cherishing it... Or if you have no respect for her or any of it's lifeforms. Trust me, she's not dumb. Quite the opposite. She's just waiting to see what you'll do with it. She'll never show her true colors if you're using her. You'll just spend your whole life in a boring illusion. What a waste.

We all live on borrowed time don't we?
The thing is there is no time. You'll live your life over and over again until you say fuck it and take the time to open your eyes and see what's going on.

I had a very bad ski accident in January. Honestly, I didn't survive. But for some reason I feel like I'm still here. I wrote a long post about it just to get it off my chest... But I still have to publish it... Every day has always been my last day... It's even more true now...

Let's say you spent your whole life in a wheelchair, or blind, or you lost your limbs when you were a kid. Just think about it. What would do on your first day if you could be like everybody else? Start sending resumes and applying for boring jobs so you could spend your whole weeks stuck inside a building all day? Really, your main goal would be to take a grasp at capitalism? Seriously? Are you fucking out of your fucking minds?!?

QUIT.YOUR.FUCKING.JOB.
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:42 pm

Johnny you need to take it down a notch or else I'll pm the moderator... :geek: :mrgreen:

You speak truth my friend, you really do... so WTF happened in January?

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics

Post by Johnny » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:55 am

Well, at least I stopped posting in the main forum right? (I'll hide my rad secret wisdom here and there in off-topic discussions now... ; )

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:16 am

Dude... you are making me kind of sad here...

Your off the wall way of thinking and lifestyle is what brought me here... well that and everyone else bans my ass - they'd probably bad you too though HAHA! Ron is really what kept me away initially...

I put up with Ron's crazy shit for a while just so I could speak my mind to a few other weirdos who seem to like the same insane shit I do - I actually decided to start posting because he was badgering CIMA so much on NNN BC truth thread that I thought you'd lose him too. I even tried to befriend Ron - and well you see how that went - he was just incapable of accepting that someone could be cool with him, agree on some things and disagree on others, but still accept him as a person. He's went so far over the line now that even I think there is absolutely no hope for him, and truly am glad he's gone from here.

And I'm also really happy that so many awesome people signed up and talk here about things from turn hunting to bushwhacking to ski expeditions on XCD/Tele, or more broadly, Nordic Skiing... I really thought that was your vision and I think you finally got it. I'm like a puppy running all around wagging it's tail, knocking things off the table, jumping on everyone and probably annoying some people, but it's really hard for me not to be excited about it. I know we've talked and your life is busy and crazy, but I really hope don't feel that you need to hide yourself away from other people. If someone doesn't like your crazy ways, I'll fuckin' ban them :mrgreen: No serious - be yourself man...

Johnny
Site Admin

Post by Johnny » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 am

Oh Mike... Are you trying to say that I'm the new Ron...? 8-)

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:55 am

NO! Not at all.

I'm saying you shouldn't censor yourself. Be yourself. I like how you are. You're like a lemon wedge in an otherwise boring glass of water. Ron was like a turd in your soup.

Nothing wrong with being a little different... I had no qualms about Ron being different. It was his constant hate bullshit and his willingness to disagree with everything, even contradicting what he had said only minutes earlier.