Partner needed -- Earth (~ N43.6, W116.2)

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Rokjox

Re: Partner needed -- Earth (~ N43.6, W116.2)

Post by Rokjox » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:28 pm

Actually, more like three...

Seems my Facebook page lasted about a month.

the wife suggested it, I really had no interest in facefuck, its kinda a woman thing. My wife is an expert.

FB was a lot of work, and eventually I realized I was just making up a dossier for the FBI and NSA to rank me among all the other citizens (I.E. potential terrorists) as to what kind of mouthwash I prefer, how much money I make, where I take my vacations and what kind of activities I pursue. I had about 11 climbers as "followers" I guess, but I had not changed my security setting to lock out the dilettantes who might run across my site, following some comment I made on a post by Vitaly (you know him?).

Then one night, after a few drinks (it was after my Thursday night drinking session with my Bud...) I was bored, no good TV I suppose... and when I logged in, I saw the little box, "What is on your mind?"

Oooohhhh....

...my downfall, is always what I think....

Well it was just after ISIS burned that soldier to death in a cage in front of the cheering crowds, with about 100 others, (and the massacre at the French version of MAD Magazine...) and I put down what I was tinking... Lets see if I can summarize...

1. This is enough, I am DONE with ISIS. And ALL of militant Islam, like Boko Haram (those ignorant savages). No more tolerance. Bring it ON, shitheads.

2. ISIS (et. al.) exists because we have let it and we can end it. Its time to end it.

3. Begin by creating a buffer in northern Iraq, say by nuking the northern Iraq desert, burn that hellhole into an ichi-ban glass lined, glow in the dark skateboard park. Let's SHRED, Man!

4. Take a certain black meteor and launch it back to Mars or wherever it is it came from, we can figure it out from its chemical composition. The islamicists can face the sky as easy as Mecca. Should be even easier, no need for a compass or maps any more, just look up at the moon at a certain time of night. There it is, in the newly named Mare Isis!

5. Take the next 1000 dead ISIS leaders and sew them into recently slaughtered pigskins, launch THEM into orbit around wherever we sent the meteor, that should make them happy. They can ALL be Martyrs, we love dead Martyrs. They can have all the virgins they want, too. In freefall. God Willing...

6. Explain to Iran we feel real sorry, but the next time we find a Iranian military unit in Iraq without a permit from Bagdad, we will to place 100 cruise missiles on target in Tehran, working from the Parliament building outwards in a regular pattern. We suggest you move your families before you move the troops.

7. If you Iranian guys spend one more month working your "secret" nuke plant, we will show you a real nuke, and NOBODY makes them better than US(a). You guys ever hear of a Neutron Bomb? One air burst and 6 months later we will move all new tenants into the best remaining buildings. This will be highly cost effective as the new government will get to sell all the Alcohol Licenses for all the new Bars. This is expected to be highly profitable. That goes for Syria, too. Fuck you guys. The Rockettes and Blue Man Troupe are going to love the new venues.

8. ...well, I think I went to ten in this vein, you get the idea...

Some pussy raghead lover must have complained, I was accused of "false Identity". I was locked out of my account until I could prove my name was Rokjox Teleski with a drivers license or a library card. I thought about trying, but I really didn't like FB much; as I said before, it was too much work for zero paybacks. Nobody has a serious conversation on FB, the format doesn't encourage that. Everybody just makes unilateral statements of LUV and trades chicken recipes. That nerd Zuckerman was just trying to get laid, nothing intellectual, just ass...

Half the damn posters ON FB use fake names, obvious ones with six adjectives and no proper nouns...

So, yeah, its been three, I think...

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:46 pm

Rokjox wrote: the wife suggested it, I really had no interest in facefuck, its kinda a woman thing.
Doooood... I feel like that's an insult to women!

Rokjox

Post by Rokjox » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:39 pm

MikeK wrote:
Rokjox wrote: the wife suggested it, I really had no interest in facefuck, its kinda a woman thing.
Doooood... I feel like that's an insult to women!

Well, except for the slander to FB, I can substanciate... fb is the 2nd most popular site on earth, they don't always publish their own stats right, but Alexa I DW bet knows, and this is their statement on the demographics of FB...

Relative to the general internet population,
Females are over-represented at this site.

Confidence: high

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/facebook.com

They also say most people are at school when they go there... that is, there is a lot of others who link from work and home, but looks like 2:1 near... not exactly my cohort in the demographic... I got little in common with people who FB and siht... I think forums is where it's at, how sick is THAT?

... COMPLETLY Delusional, I know... look at the stats....

Rokjox

Post by Rokjox » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:45 pm

So , until my kid (grown) gets a damn saturday off again, I am hosed.

I want to visit my Bud, he's got the cow valve and sitting at home, but I can't hardly even visit, MAYBE first tonight.

But right now, I got no real regular partner at all, for the first time in maybe 30 years... hard to say.

Fuck that sucks.

Bad News:

hour and a half later, nope, can't even visit. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he's napping, tired........
Likely he and I will next bike, in a year I'd imagine, maybe less, but the docs don't know what we call MTB... and climb? riii...

Good news:

Looks like kid might get the Satdy off... says he wants to go to swan falls...

Disclaimer and Warning to Visitors/applicants to Idaho:

News TONIGHT says if I go south, the plague is in the desert, dogs and people been getting the black death. I can't make this up, the whistle pigs is got the death. Come to Idaho and get the Plague if you aren't already immune, you will be. Kalli's welcome.

I thinkg I might go up this trip, I like my dogs too much. He'll have to come here.

Additional disclosure
We also have thousands of wolves, in hundreds of packs. Bring your chihuahua purse dogs especially... we luv dogs.... they can be used as lures.
The woofs live Up from here, the whistle pigs live down.

https://thegreatwhitehunter.wordpress.c ... ng-hounds/

Black Plague, Wolves .............. Black Plague, ...............Wolves .................... Decisions/decisions.

Poor dogs, everything get them.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Rokjox wrote: But right now, I got no real regular partner at all, for the first time in maybe 30 years... hard to say.
I think you ought to look up that other fellar in ID who roams the forums... he used to hang out here... what's his name? No matter, you'll find him... can't be too many telemark skiers in your state.

You two would be like peas in a pod. Good laughs I bet. Smoke some dope and drink some smooth IPA. Hell... I'm thinking I want to join in. Too bad you are so far away. I've met some good friends on the internet actually - not on facebook, but various forums. I have more fun with those guys and girls than anyone I've been handed geographically. It's nice to find your friends by common interest rather than by who lives next door.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:41 pm

Rok,

I think this song should be your anthem:

[video][/video]

In case you have trouble deciphering singing:

"Ænema"

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see Armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation from this

Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call L.A.
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay.

Fret for your figure and
Fret for your latte and
Fret for your lawsuit and
Fret for your hairpiece and
Fret for your Prozac and
Fret for your pilot and
Fret for your contract and
Fret for your car.

It's a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call L.A.
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dip shits.

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see Armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will cause
I sure could use a vacation from this

Stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit...

One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim. [3x]

Mom's gonna fix it all soon.
Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be.

Learn to swim.

Fuck L Ron Hubbard and
Fuck all his clones.
Fuck all these gun-toting
Hip gangster wannabes.

Learn to swim.

Fuck retro anything.
Fuck your tattoos.
Fuck all you junkies and
Fuck your short memory.

Learn to swim.

Fuck smiley glad-hands
With hidden agendas.
Fuck these dysfunctional,
Insecure actresses.

Learn to swim.

Cause I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom, please flush it all away.
I wanna see it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.

Time to bring it down again.
Don't just call me pessimist.
Try and read between the lines.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it all come down.
Bring it down
Suck it down.
Flush it down

Rokjox

Post by Rokjox » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:54 am

Well, I still need a partner.

I had the kid come by at the last minute Sunday, so we took a drive up the mountain to the ski area. Set up a plastic Gopher and shot it up with a new AR15 from Rugar, first AR I ever shot. Very cool gun. Light, easy to hold and pretty consistent right out of the box, dead stock. Cheaper than a mini-14 too. How is that?

Got a total of almost One Mile of riding in, up the the top of the hill, sat on the quad lift and drank beer and vodka, smoked some and watched the dogs cover ground like little racecars. A quarter mile is nothing for a dog, he's just sticking close by.

Rode back tot he car in about 2 minutes, drank some more and shot another 50 rounds at that damn orange rat, amazing how the holes just form and collapse again. That rat has taken hundreds of rounds from .22, .223/.556 9 mil, 30-30, 30-06, shotguns and some other stuff. Looks damn near new, but for a few bends in the post legs and a lot of little black spots.

Quite the trick, Marmot.

Somebody SAVE me. I'm becoming bored and fat.

SOMEBODY?

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:25 pm

Rokjox wrote:
Somebody SAVE me. I'm becoming bored and fat.

SOMEBODY?
Welcome to my world. Eventually you'll just be fat and boring.

Rokjox

Post by Rokjox » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:33 am

Man. The camp 4 noteboard was a lot better than this place. Put a note up there for a partner and some guy will beat you back to your campsite with his rack, a six pack and a bottle of rum... the old technology was pretty tight. Internet is a downgrade.

No Eon? no POSTAS.

I gettin a bike ride today, that should ease the jitters.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:10 pm

Probably I scared them off Rok. Too much posting by one person and I'm afraid this place turns into what it was before when Ron was here.

Problem is skiing doesn't have enough content to talk about all year. It's a seasonal sport with only so much you can go over in terms of gear and technique.

That leaves goofin' off, talking about shit that has no relation to skiing, or being a complete asshole. I'm hoping at least the view of this place is anything but the last one.

I'm guessing you are right about the FB thing though. Why impress your shitty pictures and boring hobbies on strangers when you can do it to your 'friends' and relatives?

Sometimes you find people on Forums who have enough balls or interest to meet up, sometimes they don't have any interest except to put something of their own out there. Some people I just don't even want to meet based on their internet persona. It's probably better off we go on our separate ways, unlikely in real life we'd get along good either unless we were just 'being nice' as a formality. And of course there's a whole lotta space out there for the amount of people that post on these boards. Chances of finding someone in your proximity gets smaller and smaller.

Life's too short dude. If'n no one wants to do what you want to do, then get good at going solo. Partners are fun, but sometimes they just hold you back. I've always heard this advice from my more experienced acquaintances, and only recently have I started to not let having a partner stop me from doing whatever it is I want to do. Sometimes it's not as much fun, sometimes it's scary or dangerous, and sometimes it's way nicer. Just embrace it - it will make doing stuff with other people seem more fun and more of learning experience rather than a pissing contest, at least IME it has.