Falketind 62 Review

Real reviews by real skiers. What a concept! Add your own today. Reviews only please, questions can be posted as replies but new threads looking for opinions should be posted to the main Telemark Talk Forum.
Johnny
XCD KNIGHT
XCD KNIGHT
Ski style: Dancing with God
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, Objectives and all Asnes skis.
Favorite boots: ALFA Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Comp

Re: Falketind 62 Review

Post by Johnny » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:02 pm

Woodserson wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:32 pm
I know EXACTLY where I'm going to ski the FT62 this winter!!
Hummm... Unless your answer to this is "EVERYWHERE!", I think you might be wrong Sir... :D

I assume you got the original version, the cooler one with the cooler graphics?
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

exlibris
XCD Enthusiast
XCD Enthusiast

Post by exlibris » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:16 pm

I just committed myself to this year's FT62 which I'm in the process of trying to tack on to Neptune Mountaineering's current (though net yet fulfilled) order with Åsnes.

In the meantime, for any of you out there keen on grabbing a pair of last year's version (red top graphics), Neptune has one last 180cm in stock at a 30% discount. The final price is about $360. I would grab them, but I really think I need to be on the 172cm. If you do pull the trigger, tell them that the guy (Chris) looking to special order the 172s sent you -- maybe they'll give me a little kickback on my purchase. :D

fisheater
XCD Guide
XCD Guide

Post by fisheater » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:02 pm

I own and ski a red topsheet FT 62 in 188. They are a great ski, but I wish they were 10 cm longer. They just aren’t that powerfully cambered, they are very rockered, I really think a 180 cm would be fine. These aren’t stiff GS skis, these are softer backcountry skis. Length is very important for cross country performance.
I’m old, I skied 205 cm skis for many years. I have difficulty thinking of a 180 cm ski as being long. However Johnny has a fondness for short skis. He skis tight trees in Quebec in a manner that appears effortless, so I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat.