Madshus Panorama M62: Is the GUIDE finally dead- and can someone explain these skis?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
WildlifeBio
XCD Enthusiast
XCD Enthusiast
Favorite Skis: Madshus Terrasonic Intelligrip 210cm
Fischer Excursion 88 189cm
Favorite boots: Rossignol X10 Classic
Alpina Alaska NNN-BC

Panorama M55 vs Glittertind/BC55

Post by WildlifeBio » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:28 am

Toby wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:11 pm
I’m not exactly sure M55 is the old Glittertind. The camber feels stiffer to me.
This is interesting to me. I'm in the market for something in the 60-68mm shovel range, and at the upper end I've narrowed things down to this new Panorama M55 and Fischer's E99. Lilcliffy has mentioned elsewhere that his Glittertinds were stiffer underfoot than the current E99s (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=598&start=10#p21665). Your description of the new Panorama M55 makes me think that difference has become even more pronounced. Unfortunately, I don't have ready first-hand access to either.

Looking forward to your on-snow experience with the M62s!

Cannatonic
XCD Guide
XCD Guide

Re: Madshus Panorama M62: Is the GUIDE finally dead- and can someone explain these skis?

Post by Cannatonic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:25 pm

didn't see this thread earlier! So all 3 pairs are definitely smooth-base - no more fishscale from Madshus. I like it! They seem to be taking aim at the niche Fischer left open when they moved to waxless bases. We are seeing a lot of innovation these last few years in XCD/telemark which is exciting. Apparently AT did NOT kill off telemark :D :D

Madshus always gave you nice thick edges, they make a durable ski IMO. Of course that does leave the country-of-origin issue which everyone must decide for themself where to draw the line.
“The disciples are drawn to the high altars with magnetic certainty, knowing that a great Presence hovers over the ranges. You were within the portals of the temple....to enter the wilderness and seek, in the primal patterns of nature, a magical union with beauty”
1931 Ansel Adams