- XCD Enthusiast
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:07 pm
- Location: Grenoble
- Ski style: Cross Country Downhill - Mainly downhill
- Favorite Skis: Dynafit 84, FT62
- Favorite boots: Scott Excursion, Alaska NNNBC
- Occupation: Trying to find new fun spot in my backyard.
I tried Yesterday.
One pole help. But this is not as good i was hoping !
You get more stability but the turn is too slow to initiate and you can't reach this stability enough quickly in tight turn.
And, I can say that for me and my ski technic, the Alaska NNNBC boots are too soft in challenging snow.
So right now, my conclusion is : in bad snow, for downhill, use plastic boots (T4), wide ski (Vector), 2 poles or 1 pole (as you want). But you know that better than me.
10 miles later, "F... !!!" Luckily, there was a shop broom in the truck bed. Up we went into the mtns, me skiing drag with my skins and "lurk". Uphill was a struggle on the way up in 12" of fresh powder. But on the down was a Blast!