Global News (Canada) - Cross-country ski boom: Supplies dwindle as equipment flies off shelves

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
colonel_sandbag
Ski style: scouting for boulders
Favorite Skis: the ones i have
Favorite boots: the ones i have
Website: https://www.mountainproject.com/user/10 ... el-sandbag

Global News (Canada) - Cross-country ski boom: Supplies dwindle as equipment flies off shelves

Post by colonel_sandbag » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:13 pm

I don't think I've ever been part of a fad this big but I guess most of these people aren't going to be mounting their own bindings, or skiing with climbing equipment on their backs...

https://globalnews.ca/news/7440443/cros ... indle/amp/

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Re: Global News (Canada) - Cross-country ski boom: Supplies dwindle as equipment flies off shelves

Post by bgregoire » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:12 pm

Crazy stuff. Good thing I have about 15 pair of mounted skis! Wish the situation was not the same with decent housing.
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Krummholz
Ski style: Ski trails uphill, Bcuz every trail here is uphill
Favorite Skis: Fischer SB-98, Rossi Alpineer 86, Fischer Europa 99, Altai Hok, Asnes USGI
Favorite boots: Looked and looked, then found true love - Alaska 75s. TN 75 for DH
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4350&hilit=Transnordic&start=40#p49595

Re: Global News (Canada) - Cross-country ski boom: Supplies dwindle as equipment flies off shelves

Post by Krummholz » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:35 am

This happened to me last winter. I went to a re-use sports shop last early winter looking for some old wax skis. They would be my first try at wax and I didn’t want to spend a lot of $$. Got some names & models to look up here. Went back 2 weeks later and 75% of them were gone. Guy said they flew out the door, he’s never sold that many in a season. I ended up buying the USGI from Coleman’s. This years it’s a pair of Fischer Europa 99 from eBay. With the ski areas severely limiting the number of skiers, the BC equipment here in Colorado is already selling like crazy.
Free Heeler - As in Free Spirit and Free Beer. No $700 pass! No plastic boots! And No Fkn Merlot!

Montana St Alum
Ski style: Old dog, new school
Favorite Skis: Blizzard Rustler 9/10
Favorite boots: Tx Pro

Post by Montana St Alum » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:03 pm

Similar thing happened with mountain bikes last spring/summer.

Musk Ox
Ski style: Bad
Favorite Skis: I am a circumpolar mammal
Favorite boots: Hooves

Post by Musk Ox » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:04 pm

I'm happy to send supplies from Norway.