What year is this e99

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Lumpy

What year is this e99

Post by Lumpy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:48 pm

So i’ve been following the e99 & boot discussions with interest as we’re getting more into k&g futzing around as opposed to resort teleing. I was given this pair of red e99’s a few years ago. They had salomon nordic bindings which i pulled off & replaced with non-cable 3-pins.

I’m using whitewoods 102 boots (pause for laughter & eye rolls), which, well, suck. Trying to figure out which boot to get, antarctic or alaska or svartisen. I buy most of my tele equipment from the fey brothers so leaning towards crispi.

Anyway, trying to figure out how old these e99’s actually are. Any thoughts? Does it even matter as i i think any of those boots are sufficient to drive the skis.

Thanks & merry festivus to all.
F3AFE850-E1E1-4594-8546-43FD9BEFD3E9.jpeg

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Re: What year is this e99

Post by lilcliffy » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:03 am

I don't know what year those are but those are beautiful and super cool.
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

Krummholz
Ski style: Ski trails uphill, Bcuz every trail here is uphill
Favorite Skis: Fischer SB-98, Rossi Alpineer 86, Fischer Europa 99, Altai Hok, Asnes USGI
Favorite boots: Looked and looked, then found true love - Alaska 75s. TN 75 for DH
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4350&hilit=Transnordic&start=40#p49595

Post by Krummholz » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:02 pm

I have a really old set of Fischer Europa 99. My Alaska’s worked great with them doing k&g. Really got going on the way back in my track. My Ski March that I’m still breaking in we’re pretty stiff to get really going.
Free Heeler - As in Free Spirit and Free Beer. No $700 pass! No plastic boots! And No Fkn Merlot!

riel
Ski style: BC XC
Favorite Skis: Asnes Gamme, Ingstad & Støretind, Fischer Mountain Cross & E99
Favorite boots: Fischer BCX675

Post by riel » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:45 pm

A kind soul rescued a pair of these from the dump, and offered them up for grabs in a telemark group on FB.

I drove over today and dropped off some local beers in exchange for these beauties. Feeling the camber and pop of these skis makes me realize why people like the E99 so much. I look forward to trying them this winter.
PXL_20210809_201758266.jpg
PXL_20210809_201835481.jpg
The sidecut of these skis is 65-55-60, so a little different than today's E99 skis.

Guess I should buy more bindings...

phoenix
Ski style: My own
Favorite Skis: Varies,I've had many favorites
Favorite boots: Excursions, T1's

Post by phoenix » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:22 pm

By the graphics, they look like the first incarnation of the ski when they went with capped construction... late 90's, if I recall correctly. Mine had the same graphics, but they were blue (maybe there was a difference with waxable or no wax). They were a very nice touring ski.