Asnes sales, North America?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Re: Asnes sales, North America?

Post by Woodserson » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:54 am

エイダン.シダル wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:47 pm
Very kind indeed to offer to help, but I think I'd better jump on Neptune's Gammes - who ship to Canada reasonably.

I've just got a great deal on unmounted Fischer S Bound Outabounds 88s, I'm putting 3-pins on. I think the Gammes with NNN BC will set me up for almost anything in Ontario and Québec, between them.
No Gamme at Ragged Mountain, I can't help you anyway. Definitely get them from Neptune and get them now. Not only is it a fantastic ski, this season is going to be nutso. Also, I think your quiver is awesome. Very capable.

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:03 am

The Gamme is a great ski. You will not regret owning one especially in rolling terrain. I’m 5’ 9”, 190 lbs , been in the construction industry for over 40 years, I’m not fat, but I’m also not the guy that weighed 170 lbs when I was forty.
I all of a sudden could really kick and glide when I got on a 210 cm Gamme. Don’t chicken out and order the short.

エイダン.シダル

Post by エイダン.シダル » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:59 am

Last edited by エイダン.シダル on Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Musk Ox
Ski style: Bad
Favorite Skis: I am a circumpolar mammal
Favorite boots: Hooves

Post by Musk Ox » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:41 pm

エイダン.シダル wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:59 am
Good advice, and thanks. Åsnes charts say the 200s for me (84kg, 185lbs), and the 210s are sold out at Neptune anyway. Looks like I'm getting the last 200s at that. I pack light.

Just pulled the trigger.
Well done!

I'm 79kg and got the 200s and would categorically not want them shorter by the way! I fully expect you'll be totally fine with those.

Nick BC
Ski style: Free heel Resort/Backcountry
Favorite Skis: Voile Vector BC,Trab Altavia and Hagan Ride 75
Favorite boots: Scarpa TX and T3

Post by Nick BC » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:27 pm

"Good advice, and thanks. Åsnes charts say the 200s for me (84kg, 185lbs), and the 210s are sold out at Neptune anyway. Looks like I'm getting the last 200s at that. I pack light.

Just pulled the trigger."

Are you AristhenesRazor on Cross country reddit by any chance? Not that I'm stalking you on the internet :D

johnnycanuck
Ski style: BC XC

Post by johnnycanuck » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:00 am

エイダン.シダル wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:47 pm
Very kind indeed to offer to help, but I think I'd better jump on Neptune's Gammes - who ship to Canada reasonably.

I've just got a great deal on unmounted Fischer S Bound Outabounds 88s, I'm putting 3-pins on. I think the Gammes with NNN BC will set me up for almost anything in Ontario and Québec, between them.
Very nice, are you thinking the 88s for powder and Gammes for hard pack days? Mostly curious as I am going back and forth in my mind whether to get wider skis or not this year.

エイダン.シダル

Post by エイダン.シダル » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:42 pm

'Powder' might be overstating it: I'm in Southern Ontario. But the wider for untrameled snow, yes: Fischer S Bound Outabounds 88. Most of my off-piste skiing is pre-trameled, so the Gamme will shine there. The wider skis fell into my lap: $180, unmounted, with Black Diamond kicker skins - I already had full length skins, Voile 3-pin bindings, and Alico NATO boots, from another project for it.

If the S Bounds hadn't fallen into my lap, I had planned the Otto as compromise ski. Compromises are usually a mistake, though. I got lucky.

Another good compromise would be one pair of NNN BC boots, and narrower and wider skis for them, with one or two types of skins: maybe Børge Ousland/Gamme and Ingstad/Falketind You wouldn't have to buy both pairs the same year. Just prioritize.

Danylewich
Ski style: XC, BC, XCD, Alpine Touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes FT62
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska

Post by Danylewich » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:21 pm

That's what I have, Borge and Falketind and I'm in Toronto, though I mostly ski in Quebec during vacations. Great combo, Borges does Gatineau Park in tracks and off-piste. Falketind is my light fun telemark ski that I mostly use on my local park hill in Toronto for yoyo-ing, though I've used it in Mont Tremblant park and Gaspesie also. Using Alpina Alaska for boots.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:51 pm

Danylewich wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:21 pm
That's what I have, Borge and Falketind and I'm in Toronto, though I mostly ski in Quebec during vacations. Great combo, Borges does Gatineau Park in tracks and off-piste. Falketind is my light fun telemark ski that I mostly use on my local park hill in Toronto for yoyo-ing, though I've used it in Mont Tremblant park and Gaspesie also. Using Alpina Alaska for boots.
Have you done a Borge review? If not you should if you're feeling up to it .

You have a great 2 ski quiver right there! So nice, it covers all the skiing one can reasonably expect.

エイダン.シダル

Post by エイダン.シダル » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:26 pm

Danylewich wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:21 pm
If you're short of skiing partners, I'm in south Etobicoke, ski lots at Kolapore...

I only Nordic skied at Tremblant once, in my McGill University days, long ago. How's the resort, or resorts near it, if I took my xcD set on the lifts? I'm there in March with my young kids, doing alpine. I could spend a day with them, doing xcD on the greens.

I know enough about Ontario I wouldn't bother here: uptight, litigation-paranoid society...