Newbie looking for advice on Nossi

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Re: Newbie looking for advice on Nossi

Post by lilcliffy » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:01 pm

Nossi-
Very cool.
Pls keep in touch and let us know how you make out with this ski.

At this point I personally would mount 75mm on a ski like the Nosi- I am not ready to buy into Xplore just yet.
I would want to use both a plastic and a leather boot on a ski like the Nosi→ 75mm for me.
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

DropKneeDiehard
Ski style: Rythmn and Flow
Favorite Skis: Atomic Telemark, Tua Cirques, Voile Ultra Vectors, All Asnes
Favorite boots: Asolo doubles, Asolo E Pro, T3s Root Beer, Scarpa TX

Re: Newbie looking for advice on Nossi

Post by DropKneeDiehard » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:54 pm

fisheater wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:16 pm
I have mounted both the original Falketind 62, the Falketind Xplore, and the Asnes Tindan 86. The Tindan was the most difficult. I pestered the heck out of @Woodserson as he had some Voile Objective. To make a very long story short all were mounted at balance point which was reasonably close to chord center. This position was definitely behind boot center on the boot center mark, however the mechanics of alpine skiing is quite different than Nordic skiing.
My advice, use a pencil and mark the possibilities. Someone should pipe in how their Nosi are mounted.
Good point....thanks for that advice.
Thats why I am here to tap into the combined Wisdom.
I have marked the holes on tape at Boot centre on the Line. I Put all 3 of my 75 ml boots into the bindings to check it and took an average.
They all have different sole lengths...the leathers being the longest

Will take more measurements and eyeball it all. Not rushing the mount.
Using the old NTN 4 hole steel mounting plate as a jig.....have used it before I clear sticky tape it into place once I have measured at least 3 times.
BEWARE the centre line marked on the Nosi ski is a good 2 to 3 ml out...lucky I didn't trust it.
Have used 3 different methods to check it and they all tell me 2 to 3 ml out.