What Binding Is This?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
JohnSKepler
Ski style: XCBCD
Favorite Skis: Voile Objective BC, Rossignol BC 80
Favorite boots: Scarpa F1 Bellows, Alpina Alaska XP

What Binding Is This?

Post by JohnSKepler » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:02 pm

Ran across these on Craigslist. Not close but… The bases are toast but I can tell this is some kind of releasable plate. Maybe can help protect my knees? What might these be worth to someone trying to remain ambulatory?
IMG_9515.jpeg
I’m guessing they come in a large and a small. I’d need the small and these are probably a large…
Veni, Vidi, Viski

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Re: What Binding Is This?

Post by fisheater » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:28 pm

It is a Voile Complete Releasable. My first binding was the 3-pin cable version. It definitely can reliably release. That binding is the releasable version of of the Hardwire binding LoFi speaks so well of.
I was young when I had no use for releasable bindings. I skied alpine bindings at 14, unless they only went to 12. I skied those at 13 ;) !

smax

Post by smax » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:26 pm

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/73802064

These are likely 15+ years old. Skied and still have these on old Karhu Jaks from 20 years ago and the main problem is that snow would build up under foot and cause the binding to release.

JohnSKepler
Ski style: XCBCD
Favorite Skis: Voile Objective BC, Rossignol BC 80
Favorite boots: Scarpa F1 Bellows, Alpina Alaska XP

Post by JohnSKepler » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:57 pm

smax wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:26 pm
https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/73802064

These are likely 15+ years old. Skied and still have these on old Karhu Jaks from 20 years ago and the main problem is that snow would build up under foot and cause the binding to release.
Haha, that’s them! If they were closer I’d have them but I’m not sure they’re worth a 90 mile drive one way. I offered to buy them for asking if the owner would pull and shop them but he didn’t bite.
Veni, Vidi, Viski