Crispi Futura

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
voilenerd

Crispi Futura

Post by voilenerd » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:42 pm

Looking to try the Crispi Futura with the plastic cuff for more power and better heel retention. Anyone order a pair yet?

I’m debating on size and plan on pairing with the Sbound 98. I’m a 28 Mondo in Scarpa and 11 wide in street shoes. I hear Crispis run big like Alfas.

I also emailed Telemarkdown and waiting on reply for ordering.

Any insight be welcomed!

CwmRaider
Ski style: XC-(D) tinkerer
Favorite Skis: Åsnes FT62 XP, Børge Ousland
Occupation: Very precise measurements of very small quantities.

Re: Crispi Futura

Post by CwmRaider » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:43 pm

I should receive a pair ordered based on previous experience with Crispi sizing, within a week or so.
I am very happy with Alfa Free (same size, 46) but i got pretty cold feet recently when i had to stay outside inactive to help the kid, and others also agree that they aren't particularly warm. I tried a pair of Lundhags but couldn't get them on my feet if my life depended on it, which was very disappointing as I like the Lundhags line up generally. I Haven't had luck with Alpina fit earlier and they are very expensive in Norway now.
Anyways while I probably won't convince anyone else, I was able to justify to myself the need to get a second pair of boots, and I'm looking forward to trying them. Will keep you in the loop.

voilenerd

Post by voilenerd » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:16 pm

Thanks Raider. I have the Alfa Vista. So far I am on the fence if I like the boot. It’s not quite wide enough and feels a little small. The next size up I had too much toe room and heel lift. Maybe my Alfas need more broken in. Not sure yet if I’m gonna toss them.

I like how the Crispi has a strap to keep heel in place. Plus the cuff looks beefy. From what I can tell it’s up there with the free as far as cuff stiffness for making turns. But depends if they dialed in the sole stiffness so you can get proper flex. 💪

wabene
Ski style: Stiff kneed and wide eyed.
Favorite Skis: Åsnes Gamme, Fischer SB98, Mashus M50, M78, Pano M62
Favorite boots: Crispi Svartsen 75mm, Scarpa T4

Post by wabene » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:18 pm

I have the Svartisen 75mm in size 45 and it is the best fitting boot I have ever worn for my wide size 11 feet. The instep strap is perfectly located to keep my heel in place, even with the upper boot loose. Love this boot. I don't how direct the comparison would be with the Futura, but they would know how it compares at Telemarkdown.

voilenerd

Post by voilenerd » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:15 pm

wabene wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:18 pm
I have the Svartisen 75mm in size 45 and it is the best fitting boot I have ever worn for my wide size 11 feet. The instep strap is perfectly located to keep my heel in place, even with the upper boot loose. Love this boot. I don't how direct the comparison would be with the Futura, but they would know how it compares at Telemarkdown.
Good to know! Hopefully I can get on the boot this winter and report back.