The difference between an F1, a F3, and an F1 Race by a Beginner to the Game

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Lhartley

Re: The difference between an F1, a F3, and an F1 Race by a Beginner to the Game

Post by Lhartley » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:30 pm

I think this is what it would take for people to move on to NTN, I will certainly dabble when this boot comes out. I wanted to get into the latest t2, but would consider this instead.

spopepro

Re: The difference between an F1, a F3, and an F1 Race by a Beginner to the Game

Post by spopepro » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:31 pm

fisheater wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:23 pm
That boot weight wise would be comparable to an F-3. With T-2 flex, and maybe F-1 range of movement it would be a winner!
Nice Telemark flex for me is really important. Obviously that boot wouldn’t have F-1 ROM without at least undoing the power strap, and opening the top buckle. Doing that it just may have the ROM!
I guess Telemark is not dead!
Looks like the walk/lock mechanism off the Maestrale, so no… it won’t quite be F1 rom. It will be more than double what current tele boots have, but this is a years late evolution of the tx-pro, not anything revolutionary.