Lundhags Guide Explore BC Boot too tight...

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
voilenerd

Re: Lundhags Guide Explore BC Boot too tight...

Post by voilenerd » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:29 am

wabene wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:11 am
voilenerd wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:09 am
I’ve had the Alaska and Alfa Vista. Alaska’s never worked with my wide feet. The Alfa vista is a little wider than the Alaska but I’ve had heel blister problems with it. The Vista I feel needs a little more room in toe area because it seems wider near ball of foot but then goes pretty narrow near toes. On shorter days the Alfa feels fine. But longer days I can’t wait to take them off. Now I am on the hunt for different boots. Gonna try the Crispi Futura once I hear back on ordering from Telemarkdown.
Amen, that toe taper on boots and shoes is what caused my foot problems over the years. This is common with people that have wider feet and can cause bunions. It was too late for me when companies like the awesome Altra started designing shoes that actually have an anatomically correct shape. That is why I like Crispi boots. They go straight up from the joint of your big toe to the top. Alico is similar but slightly narrower. This knowledge comes wasting plenty of money on shipping and returns. My bootpocolypse.

@Stephen said, "Most feet have been shaped by shoes and the toes are pushed in on both sides."
Yes that is the problem.

I wish we had a plastic boot with a moldable liner for the Xplore boots that would solve a lot of fit problems. Plastic hybrid leather boot with bellows would be awesome! Maybe some day.

Yeah I’m sure you could just order a big boot and stick moldable liner inside, but that’s a hack.

sheep
Ski style: Fallingdowning, Bumsliding, Snoweating...
Favorite Skis: Ånses Combat Nato

Post by sheep » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:48 am

lilcliffy wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:33 am
I have the Futura Pro XP- it is identical to a Svartisen, with an Xplore outsole (and as such, the XP has a much stiffer and more stable sole than the Svartisen BC (which is stiffer than the 75))-

I have the Alaska BC; Svartisen BC/Furura Pro XP; and the Guard BC- all in size 42EU.
These boots all have the same length last.
The Guard is the widest and largest volume- universally.
I do not personally find the Svartisen/Futura Pro to be entirely wider than the Alaska BC-
in fact, I find (just as I did when I first broke in the Svartisen) the Futura Pro to be a little snug, in terms of width, at the metatarsus→ I am sure it will break in as the Svartisen did.
The Svartisen/Futura Pro is wider through the heel and ankle than the Alaska BC.

@sheep Are you settled on NNNBC? The other boot to consider is the excellent Alfa Skaget- it is wider than the Svartisen/Futura Pro/Alaska BC; it has more volume through the instep; it has a beautifully contoured heel and ankle.
I already got the skis if you remember in last post where I was deciding that.

Everything is done but the shoes, which I have to return now.

sheep
Ski style: Fallingdowning, Bumsliding, Snoweating...
Favorite Skis: Ånses Combat Nato

Post by sheep » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:50 am

lilcliffy wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:18 am
lilcliffy wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:49 am
Which boot are talking about here-
the Guide BC or the Expedition BC?
Which Lundhags boot are we talking about?
Guide Expedition BC

Yeah it's weird, there's guide, there's expedition and there's guide expedition to make things more confusing.

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:54 am

Huh- crappy that the Expedition boot is too narrow/small-volume...
I would suggest trying the size 44; but, you already mentioned that the ankle was quite loose in the size 43...Would be interesting for you to try a 44 in the Expedition and the regular Guide. Perhaps a 44 in the Guide BC would work best for your foot...
The price Lundhags quoted you on a custom-made boot is pretty good really. Something to consider if what you really want a touring boot with a removable liner...
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.