Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:30 am

After doing the above we headed over to Tuckerman's Ravine, and were we shocked, SHOCKED, at how steep it was. Right Gully and we tried to slide down toward the center, long turn into the fall line and get out of there in one piece. We all slipped out and tumbled to the bottom. That was our introduction to Tucks. Steep, Gawd! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:36 am

Today 80 years earlier young men died for our great country. "THANKS" is way too little in giving them their due. Thanks Dad and my two uncles. Thanks indeed! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:28 am

After the crash at Tuckermans, Teleking Telewheels and I skied everywhere. Spent time in the steepest BC zones. Mt. Hunger in the Worcester's, Stowe up in the Above tree zone. From thinking we were good to working hard to get there. Finally we were ready for Mt. Washington. But first we decided to do the Gulf of Slides on Washington to see if we had progressed. Zowie the slides were pretty steep and at the top narrow. My 109's were longer than the width!. Teleking headed down with short radius corn shuffling down with us. I had a bad leg so I had to slide around the middle of the slide keeping on the snow but when I went to the left did air turns while in the air! those would be 180o turns with tons of wet corn snow sluffing and wild spray. Loved those slides and we were now ready for Tuks. Oh yeah!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:21 am

We waited for warmth; I mean really warm. Shorts tee shirts a must. Our belief was no blood no good ski. Low ball meant the slightest touch made us smile with red running form the spot. The later we went the steeper it became because of snow melt. What a blast, skiing the East in June. Bunch of people on the lunch rocks. Good people, hiking people. So much fun meeting new people and having no meaning conversations. A blast! Long high-speed arcs were in order, and we did just that. Telepole was with us, and we all had lots of fun. On such steep slopes, wide open slope, long high-speed turns were a total blast, and the double camber made it better! Shock absorbers and it allowed tips and tails accelorate. Just a blast. Teleking, Telepole, Telewheels and I. Different times and different friends doing thingers on double camber long skinny e 99's. Different and exhilarating. People around us loving every minute as did we all. Should go back up there to see if the vibe is still there. Been a decade or two. Oh well! Still on 99's doing the turn while getting the feel. Still a blast and loving every minute of being in the BC and getting old age feel. Arc on everybody! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:08 am

Thinking ice,wind snow, howling winds and at least -20o. Ahhh feel better already!..Don't know how i will survive the summer. Golf? Hot! Gotta get back to telling snow stories. Might make me cooler. UH! TM

BerryBlossom

Post by BerryBlossom » Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:34 pm

wow you've got a solid grasp on the gear. E 109's and E 99's look like great options for enjoying backcountry adventures. And those Pins RST Rotta Super Tele bindings seem to be a dependable selection too. Lace-up boots for comfort, got it. Thanks for the insights, and happy skiing!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:15 am

Thanks BB! Need to fix some boots. Might use two different sets to make up one. Won't make that much of a difference. Don't use them for Lift served as i spend most of the time in Nowhersville. Whatever the Nature throws I enjoy. Only condition I really don't like is hardpack glazed over with ice skating ice. Beyond that it's fun doing different conditions but........powder is so freaking good. Soft corn is way up there to if at a ski area that I avoid. Hot, need some cold. Arc on boys! TM