Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by connyro » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:34 am

lowangle al wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:22 am
Didn't they used to call that "fast grass"?
I think it's called "attention seeking behavior."

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:06 am

Twas a thing of beauty!...1/4 t0 1/2 an inch with a fine level of ice on leaves and princess pine....Awesome sliding and enough to have a "C" turn or two....Felt great and the grass.....TM

riel
Ski style: BC XC
Favorite Skis: Asnes Gamme, Ingstad & Støretind, Fischer Mountain Cross & E99
Favorite boots: Fischer BCX675

Post by riel » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:49 pm

connyro wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:34 am
lowangle al wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:22 am
Didn't they used to call that "fast grass"?
I think it's called "attention seeking behavior."
I just call it "desperate for snow".

I have also called it "pick and glide", when searching the local golf course for paths across the snow that mostly avoid the grass :)

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:46 am

A fellow spirit.....22o out.....no snow storms in sight....Fingers crossed.....Teleking had 18o yesterday....Getting there....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:15 am

Hiked halfway up "Little Mountain" yesterday and sat outside Telecamp with a rifle across my legs facing Mt. Mansfield which had one trail with snow on it.....Pretty comfortable, just sitting....Looking outside now in the morning pre-dawn see about an inch of snow......should be tracking....snicker....but will strap on some skis and do a few backyard turns....Arc on!....It's here!....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:26 am

"Marginal", was the term Teleking used....He skied three places and all were Marginal!....If it wasn't Hunting season I think the Highlands probably have several inches....but Hunters don't need us messing with their hunt...so...Backyard skiing for the time being...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:03 am

4-7 inches and a blue sky morning.....Worked on TK2...Teleking and Telekid...did the work I did what I could...Gable ends up and allowing light in...Stove worked well and the place heated up real good....4o when we headed up....Sketchy skiing as downed branches and covered rocks raised up and grabbed....Best looking arcs went to Telekid on his short e99's....Beautiful!!!!....Great start...TM

Telekid2

Post by Telekid2 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:22 pm

My legs were burning T-man. My Alico slippers and working the 99's very hard to run the ski flat was a workout. Beautiful powder just not much of it. Remembering 3 years ago when we were getting the snow big.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:16 am

Heading up to what Teleking calls TK3.....He has been exploring some serious shots coming down from the first ridge near the road...Today we are going to head up to a strange outcrop of twin skinny U shaped ledges that stand apart from most ridges up there...20 years ago was in that area and a cave with bones and blood was seen...Might be the same place or it could be "Turn around point"....Tking says there is a bunch of powder up there....As far as this oldie knows it gets the most snow of any place around here....Plan on skiing down those twin upside down outcrops to a (by the contour sheets) flat outcrop that looks over the ponds and forest far below....Figure the short stubby 109's or the 205 e 99's....Know there will be some decent turns up there....Tkid that area up there was my favorite place to ski decades past....Can you imagine hundreds of acres of OLD GROWTH FOREST.....Gigantic trunks and ALL trees were of the same height or the winds ripped them apart....Will need your help to get some pictures up....Figure it's time to do this on my own....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:24 am

4-5 inches as we exited the car....@ a foot up on the higher ridges....Teleking is learning how to use gps on his phone and can make maps and things....Got to the twin outcrops with a really tough ski...the longer 205 99's slipped under every submerged branch in the Kingdom....We talk like this...."Good workout!"....Good for getting in shape....What that means is......The BC is wicked tough and the ski was wicked in the sense that turns were forgotten and getting out of there was good!....Temps in the high 20 range and the entire time we were in clouds of snow, sleet and every other kind of precipitation known to man and then some...GREAT WORKOUT!....TM