Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:52 am

Slightly down and flat out to Dead Moose Pond....Snow anywhere from o to @ 20 inches...Sun and weather has hit South and Southwest hill but the rest is deep with a hardness two inches below the two inches of powder....Breaking through was, when?.....Old up hill ski trails help up ok but if you got out of the track in you went here and there....got to telecamp 1.6 miles out , (Teleking has one of those GPS thingers).....Cleaned out camp, dried some wood in the FIREPLACE....which is one of the wonders of Tele world.....If you see pictures you will understand.....Still have to figure how to do that....very grey out there with over 20 inches on the Northeast areas away from the ridges.....Skiing down and out was tough....pick your line (shot) fly down it and sit back and see if the skis will come around....Sometimes they did.....sometimes not.....No water on Dead Moose pond just some old snow and ice underneath.....Good workout and for the conditions a good ski....Telekid and Teleking were the other two intrepid souls with a LOVE of Nature....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:41 am

Hardpack with an inch and a half of silk powder on top....Shoulda woulda coulda gone for a long ski....didn't......Nice slide and came to the first Waterbar on a logging road....There are four in short progression then you enter the forest....Third one lined up and was about to take off when I noticed that my left ski was at eye level and the right one was hitting a no base area and whump down I was.... in the middle of a water bar....being ancient had to take off the skis to get up....bummer....Cruised the rest of the way with the skis becoming really fast....No wax left on those suckers......Coming back was doing my usual thing....ripping off branches so we have eye control....reached and those now wax less slick wicked fast skis took off backwards and my face entered the snow pack....Bummer!.....Get to my age and you will understand.....DON'T FALL!....Took a bit of energy and up I was and I waxed the skis.....Out on Dead Moose Pond it was 4o.....Brisk!.....All in all a good workout....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:49 am

Fields are white again...Will try to head out for a fast one but Sugaring (making Maple Surup) is first priority...So far looks like an average year with mostly A mediam....Wicked taste and looks like today and tomorrow should be another decent run....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:49 am

Good ski yesterday with snow around Telecamp @ 2 feet....Other places at about a foot.....Southwest and South sides are hard hit with North and East having plenty of snow....Ponds were holding up and Moose are starting to roam....had some heated up Grinder.....very good and cleaned Camp....Boys were figuring out what to do about camp ad it's coming to the end of this run....Stove put into a dry place in the Ledge.....Snow was hardpack softening as the day went on....Teleking, Telekid and Telewood were there and hauled in some standing dry wood mixed in with some frozen wood and the Fireplace threw warmth into Ledge camp.....99's were wonderful on the run out @ 1 and a half miles....Crossed rumbling streams with snow bridges easily.....over newly appearing debris and are really easily manipulated....On the down mostly shot openings and turned into the fall line....The Boys on Rebounds and such were turning easily and a great time was had by all...Figure we are on borrowed time for Sugaring but will get a big one today and tomorrow....After that will see....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:47 pm

Well should wrap up "Sugaring" today or at latest tomorrow...@ 50 gallons of excellent syrup will be able to return to skiing...Look forward to that!..TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:50 pm

56 gallons of SWEET......Done!.....Will hit the forest tomorrow and see what's left.....Will trade in my 7 foot skis for something shorter.....Rebound?.....88-60-78 (?).....Figure the snow will be fairly soft....er....rain? What rain....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:52 am

Sleet and snow with very grey and misty visuals in the Hardwood forest up on Teleknob....Anywhere from no snow to @ 2 feet.....North and north East sides had more than enough but South and West gone.....Saw some decent possibilities on the way up but decided to do some whip control which translates into grabbing whips and breaking the stem off...two years later they are gone....By the time I got out there was almost an inch of wet slush on heavier corn down below....Great to be out there...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:09 am

Mostly just getting through wet corn and water melt.....Scored a couple of turn out Tele's. Mostly just shots and clipping for next year....Is that Powder machine Storm out West coming this way????? TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:02 am

3-5 inches of very wet and heavy snow....Old low angle farm roads were the ticket....When we finished the road was now a raging stream.....Wait that's April Fools day....Fun ski late in the season....Stowe closed last weekend so any ":warm corn enhancing day will be incentive....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:48 am

Snowing and blowing again. Will wait a bit and get as much powder on top of...er....some sort of hardpack and buzz the forest....TM