Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:34 am

Good "camp" day. Vt Trees came, saw, and conquered some decent Hardwood skiing and consolidating powder. Watched and he was a good BC skier who hammered the area below camp. Heard when the boys went up to the top that they all did some diggers and I did feel some tremors a half mile away, Sausages and veggies were good as well as a giant grinder for an appetizer. Lots of beer and stories and then we headed down and Boots had a fire going in a Horse,,uh..barn with an upstairs that has great views of much of the Worsters and Mansfield. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:07 pm

Powder is sweet and this powder is surfatized skimming. Easy turns and the snow is deep. Got to Tele knob late and saw Teleking's truck. By the time I got ready he showed up and had already done a three-mile loop with some decent down at the end. Headed up the knob, and the trail had 4 inches of "Angel Dust", wonderful powder. Trees were showing off reflecting ice on branches with sun blasting! Down was just one fun turn after another through the hardwood slope. Teleking flew down behind me. Man it's deep out there with everything heavily covered. Think rounded everywhere. Fun ski, especially so for an oldie. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:56 am

Gonna hit tele knob or take a tour into nowhere up in the Highlands. If Tele knob will ski out to dead Moose Pond where I dropped into it through the ice a month ago. Will be a bit cautious this time. Usually there are tracks and that is kinda fun to check out. Deer departed a month and a half ago, but Moose are making a come-back. Still have the skull of "Dead Moose with some of the rack left after squirrels enjoyed a free meal or a hundred. When Telewheels and I came upon it the entire Pond was pink. That moose provided food for an entire Mountain range and then some. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:03 am

Telewood, teleking, and Telekid had a blast up on Little Mountain blasting consolidated fast powder. Little has lots of Steep, moderate and easy drops. They stayed with moderate drops and scored a bowl loving 900 verts. Also did some shorter drops here and there and added to Vert totals. Big powder day and they were laughing it up at the pool table. I needed a workout and got it with a two-and-a-half-hour cruise up down and all around in the Highlands. Porcupine Junction shot a few lines in deep consolidated powder and got some decent rounded arcs. Hardwoods looking dark compared to the ice and snow on branches. In many places Trees had unloaded and made for little changes in the snow now and then. Have not seen any Moose tracks up there in a while. Coyotes and hare tracks intermingled. Had a bit of angst when crossing close to where I went through the ice earlier. The run out was a blast with a couple of high speed long arcs. (the boys get that top to bottom on Little). After that pool and beer. Good day! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:39 pm

Tele king blasted Little Mountain hitting two widely spaced downs. That boy is getting into shape! I shuffle and slide up into the gonzo Highlands and it was good. Serious mid-winter conditions with @ 3 feet of base and a consolidated powder surface. One can turn on a dime and with the correct wax ski anywhere. Hardwoods were silently shimmering even with the loss of lots of snow and ice. Had not been on this knob in a bit and enjoyed the solitude of Ridges and good old cross-country skiing with some decent downs. Winds were cold and the snow went from green wax to blue. toward the end hit a moderate area in the forest and laid some nice, rounded arcs for Ravens to chuckle about. Great skiing out there. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:41 pm

oooops........2 feet of base. tm

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:50 pm

last ski of really decent powder for a bit. Melting snow in blasting winds is the norm for foreseeable future. Good ski yesterday though. Was doing my old man ski up in the Highlands cruising out about a mile and heading for a mellow ridge when I heard a shout. Never hear much unless Ravens are doing their thing. Tele king moving fast came up a "U" and hit the up slope to the height of the ridge. Talked for a bit and he went down where he could fly. Me I headed to the mellow and had wide open Hardwood ride with some laid back decent arcs. Hit the up road and skied out and there was Teleking. Good ski. Twill be different next time out. Did I mention that the winds are howling.... Think the roof will remain but not sure. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:40 am

Couple of weeks ago, got my really soft totally broken in LEATHERS on. Fit well and headed up into the Highlands. Did some clipping, er, breaking whips off with my gnarly hands. Those leathers have saved my a.. many times. leather knickers destroy whips and keep hanging objects safe! Got the Covid and will be out of action for a bit. Have a great ski and tell us about it. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:27 am

Hand clipping on boiler plate. More openings for an oldie. Blue sky, shadows, and Ravens communicating. Very quiet out there as if aware Nature is about to do an abrupt twist. Hope to be skiing decent powder tomorrow. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:18 pm

4 inches of really lite powder. Fast powder. getting there saw Telekid coming out. He took Tele kings favorite trail drop. Said it was great but wicked fast with the four inches on boiler. Me I went to the other side of the gap, broke off branches and dreamed about the openings in the whips. Shot down the North-West side and had some really decent turns with powder exploding. In the dips skis floated and the feeling! Tomorrow hope to have another four inches and see what that brings. TM