Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:16 am

Yesterday was an easy ski and even scored some decent turns. Tons of snow out there and my 109's were surface skimming and uphill travel was also easy as the snow consolidated. Boys are heading up Little Mountain and breaking the trail. If it's anywhere like the snow up in the Highlands, then they will have a decent ski up and really good on the down. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:23 pm

In the teens on the way up and down. TK1 was warm and provided a place to head out and get some turns. Telewood did the deed on mondo equipment and the three inches of powder on crust did him right. Nice turns and he took on the steep area just to the side of Telecamp. Steep, fast, and a risk factor which gave him and Teleking a bit of trouble. By that time Teleking looked the part. Coming out of the trees with tons of snow on him and looking to ski the Down tree which he did with cheers from us. Telewood hammered the bowl and put on a show. Me I kept the fire going after skiing some easy areas with good turns had. Ski out was thrilling on easy terrain and that couple of miles went by fast. Dead Moose Pond was still in winter mode with no ice showing anywhere. Base 30 inches to over 40. Even heard a bird getting there really to early. Hope it survives. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:28 am

Pack is holding and skiing is good. Good time to cruise into new or old rarely skied areas. Might do that today. Teleking hit and skied a long cruise up in the Highlands with ridges, a giant Highland Wet land area and everything in between. He is seriously getting into retirement!!!! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:43 am

Worked on opening a few shots and headed out. Tried Telesven's new 112 skis and they did a decent job in 2 inches of wet snow on very consolidated snow. need to get them back soon. Sugaring is well on the way with Telesven and Rastatele in control and doing a great job. I'm retired from everything but not from heading out into the nowhere. Way too deep for the return of animals that normally head back by now. All fancy to this time. Will fire up the rig when Telesven gets Farm chores done. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:07 am

Heavy pack and couldn't get sticky snow off the bottoms which made each ski many pounds heavier. Keep on going slamming my skis off any available tree and the snow flew off giving each of us a fleeting moment of sliding. Totally a wet noodle upon reaching camp in the Gonz resting on a ledge. Boys had the fire going when i got there and off loaded my heavy pack. Too old for this stuff thinks I. Burger's bacon and cheese were going to be lunch. The skiing began and wonder of wonders at this height the slog fest was light powder on a deep base, and everybody had wonderful turns. Telewoods hit the steep bowl first and did it well, but the star was Teleking with one foot in the air his right hand dragging the steep pitch and not going down. This was a prolonged fight and with the SNOW GODS laughing he made it. Telekid jus ripped everything and did it with grace. With the "fireplace" stuffed with a tarp the wood stove catered to all our needs. Wonderful, buzzed conversations and I headed out with some decent turns in the wonderful snow that soon turned to gripping horrible slogging as nothing would keep the snow from sticking. Maxi glide this and super 100% that and forget it. Wicked slog. Teleking wants to meet up early, but this old boy needs some regeneration time. Hellof a ski. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:04 am

Gentle field and decent snow. That equaled some good turns on different skis, and all were good. 205 99's 190's 109's and a shot on the Rebounds. Put the Rebounds away and did the other two. Fun, easy, and out the back door. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:21 am

Still have @ a foot of snow in the fields behind the house. Gentle and I might bring out my 215 E99's and do some long-rounded arcs. Then hit the "Sugar Shack" and make more wicked good Maple Syrup. At this point the best year in well, years! Possibly Decades. Have to see how it ends. Sugar and corn, what a blast! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:50 pm

Boys put on quite a show over at Boot's High Hill "Camp". Kinda breakable crust with areas of surfatized riding. Some decent turns considering the conditions and each trying to put up the best turn. boots and i did some analysis as we downed some very cold brew. Most of my skiing is confined into cruising up, rip some whips then "ride", with sweet feelings in the shadowed Hardwood slope. Waiting for corn but if we got 4-8 inches of powder it could be the best of the year. As usual we will take what is given and have a blast on whatever it is. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:18 am

Hard pack and it's good for cruising, sorta. Mostly ripping off branches and breathing wonderful air and seeing everything that amounts to nothing. Big trees, little trees, openings and areas that are decent for turns. Telekid saw a Bobcat moving close to his house. Waiting for the snow to become corn. Still deep out in the Highlands. Maple Syrup is still going with Rasta Tele and Tele Sven doing the deed with me helping now and then. very sweet this year with mostly Fancy. Somebody complained and wanted Darl syrup. Figure in the end there should be some. TM

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:44 am

It's good that you're still getting out there gt. Do you think you have a couple weeks left?

I had to google Darl syrup. Must have been a typo, all I came up with is "dark".