Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:43 am

Few years back the measurements for different kinds of syrup were adjusted. Fancy is the lightest and most delicate. "A" is a bit darker and a bit more "Maple" taste and so on. This year has been wicked good, and we are at the end of the season still making high quality syrup. Tonight, will be our last boiling. far as the snow up in the Highlands it is still looking good with in many places well over 20 inches. That will change fast as temperatures rise. Figure there should be some decent corn runs coming up. Will see! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:11 am

Love seeing sun lit shadows, especially when they show beautiful openings. Very laid back tele with fast short drops and easy runouts. Snow was holding but will soon develop its own rhythm while melting. Have to hit it as soon it will be gone. Tree wells are growing but the surface is wonderful easy skiing. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:09 am

Top two inches of snow was very soft making for easy cruising. Shoot this drop, ride, make an easy laid-back turn as trees whizzed by. Nothing but a laid-back time in the trees of the Kingdom. Nice, easy, quiet. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:34 am

Conditions were about the same. Easy floating ride with, again, laid back easy turns. Blast to be out there in the Gonz and enjoy the sounds and feel what Spring brings. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:37 pm

First it was top to bottom on a small ridge with lots of snow on the North and East side. In the gap one of the highest in Vermont, there was eve3rything. Snow tons of it with some melted boulders, big Tree wells, water bridges and top to bottom fun. Everybody was on everything, and all made whatever they had, work! In my case a bit of scraping and decent bloodiness. Spring skiing you know! All the Boys are expert leave lichen and leaf skiing so when that was an option we went with the flow. Afternoon, Horseshoes and Sun, no Bud Lite though! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:28 am

Good news, uh, it's snowing out! TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:03 pm

Glad you’re still having fun Teleman! Even with tha wind blowing like mad I’ve had the kayak out three times on the Great Lakes. Got to flow with the seasons. Next weekend is trout opener!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:43 am

AND sounds like next week your going to have some decent fresh food! Tiny amounts of almost no snow. Friday will be sunny so..... Stowe! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:21 am

Snow gone!. Did my last ski in the Highlands on a six foot long and a foot and a half wide. Only patch left at 2200 feet. Jumped up, blasted that snow. Slid onto leaves. Took off the skis and departed. Might get a ride in over at Stowe, will see. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon May 08, 2023 5:34 am

last ski for me. Telekid, Teleking. Telewood, showed up and did they ski! long high-speed arcs with corn being kicked up big time. They went up close to the top and I stayed lower down and had some wonderful turns and loved the feeling of snow kicked up and rounded arcs. Good last ski for me. Arc on everybody and have a great summer. Teleman