Alpina BC 1550

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Re: Alpina BC 1550

Post by bgregoire » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:45 am

Just get the Magnums if the Manuals are hard to find! The diffirence is minimal and most of mine are Magnums anyway. The automatics have a push button mechanism, it makes it more prone to freeze up which must be avoided especially un the backcountry.
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:18 am

Actually, I like the Autos a lot... Especially when you can grab them on sale at 20$ a pair...

They can be tricky to step in (and can become an big irritant) in deep powder, but they offer the same performance as the Mags... I use them on my resort / hard pack skis...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Nick BC
Ski style: Free heel Resort/Backcountry
Favorite Skis: Voile Vector BC,Trab Altavia and Hagan Ride 75
Favorite boots: Scarpa TX and T3

Post by Nick BC » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:38 am

So I went on line and found the Manual for cheaper than the Magnum/Automatic at MEC. :D It Is from Trailhead/Paddle Shack in Ottawa and is already shipping, whereas the Automatic from MEC is back ordered with delivery timing uncertain.
Thanks again guys for the feedback.

anemic

Post by anemic » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:26 pm

I too ski a pair of BC1550's among others. One loves me, one hates me. It's not the toes it's the heel cup. One cuts me to pieces due to some exposed plastic. The other boot feels GREAT!
Call it Nordic Freeride