Shift Plates?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
voilenerd

Shift Plates?

Post by voilenerd » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:36 pm

Anyone try B & D shift plates out or another brand of plates? I was thinking about getting set for my Voile Hardwire bindings to mess around with binding placement.

joeatomictoad
Occupation: Professional Bird Counter, specializing in birds located in hands & bushes

Re: Shift Plates?

Post by joeatomictoad » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:46 pm

Nobody tried any shift plates? They seem rather simple, but those are usually the last words of the ignorant. Maybe y'all lobbying for us to infuse more money into the binding market to get better R&D?

(Inform @twopass of yet another conspiracy. :lol: )

joeatomictoad
Occupation: Professional Bird Counter, specializing in birds located in hands & bushes

Post by joeatomictoad » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:39 pm

This is the last time for this thread... I promise. Unless there's any message traffic on this thread besides myself

Recently procured another pair of skis. Need to decide if I want either:
  • another set of bindings, OR

Scarpa T1, 75-mm boots; with 22D Vice traps. Intended for 100% "down". I am comparing value, performance, practicality, quiver creep sustainability, etc. If anyone has any experience, pros/cons, or any opinion on the matter, would appreciate your thoughts.

lowangle al

Post by lowangle al » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:58 pm

I just found out that they exist so I'm not that surprised by the lack of response. I'm curious too, it seem like they would be a good alternative to inserts with the additional benefit of being able to move your bindings.

oggopoggo

Post by oggopoggo » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:14 am

I've used the US, but not the European ones. Alignment is really easy with the long plate. Pick a middle position for the binding and you can adjust it later. With one pair of skis in a variety of conditions you can move it for powder or hardback performance.

joeatomictoad

Post by joeatomictoad » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:22 pm

oggopoggo wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:14 am
I've used the US, but not the European ones. Alignment is really easy with the long plate. Pick a middle position for the binding and you can adjust it later. With one pair of skis in a variety of conditions you can move it for powder or hardback performance.
Thanks. So far seems rather straightforward.

mikesee

Post by mikesee » Tue May 11, 2021 1:31 am

I used a pair this winter to figure out where I wanted my bindings to live before permanently mounting them.

Ideal for that.