Crispi Evo Boots spontaneously releasing

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Jamesuk

Crispi Evo Boots spontaneously releasing

Post by Jamesuk » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:26 am

Hello, I am new to this forum, but I am hoping someone may be able to help with a bit of information. I ski with Meidjo 2.1 bindings and Scarpa boots, these have been a good reliable combination, but I find the boots a bit soft. In an effort to remedy this, I bought a pair of Crispi Evo boots size 26, combined with the small size binding. These have been a disaster, with them continuously spontaneously releasing. I have brought this up with Telemark Pyrenees who I bought them from and they seem very reluctant to help, except to say that some Crispi boots in the smaller sizes are shorter in length from the tech inserts to the duck butt heel, and sure enough mine are about 5mm shorter in this length than the Scarpa. So my question is firstly does anyone know of a fix for this, and secondly does anyone know if it is all these boots that are short in this dimension or if it is just a batch or batches that are short. At present I seem to have bought a boot that is incompatible with the binding, apparently due to a manufacturing error.
Does anyone have any similar experience.
Thanks

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Re: Crispi Evo Boots spontaneously releasing

Post by Johnny » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:43 am

From TelemarkSkier Mag:
https://www.telemarkskier.com/telemark- ... other-one/

"When issues arose last winter (2019) with a few Crispi boots not cooperating with Meidjo and Lynx something had to change. It appeared the boots were, literally, coming up short at the duckbutt (NTN’s second heel). Crispi’s Italian headquarters were stone cold silent to queries. Not atypical in my experience. The Fey Bros., Crispi’s US distributor, grudgingly admitted that there might be a problem with a few of their small soled NTN boots. How widespread the problem was/is remains unknown, but it most definitely had the owners of the short boots in a huff about their new tele rig not working as expected; and rightfully so. Could it be Crispi inserts are not in the same place they are for Scarpa boots relative to the second heel?"
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."