Alico NNN BC Boots

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
jalp

Alico NNN BC Boots

Post by jalp » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:56 pm

So, these arrived yesterday. The spoils of yet another late-night, alcohol-fueled eBay binge. They are basically an Alico Blaze upper with a BC sole. Man, these are some powerful boots! Looks like they may have been tried on once but other than that, zero miles on them. I've never run into anything like these with a BC sole. Unfortunately the sole is the old style that's prone to delamination, these look fine but that'll be on my mind. I just thought I'd share a few pics of a boot that probably doesn't pop up that often :D .
IMG_2082.jpg
Size 9-1/2 US 2300g for the pair.
IMG_2084.jpg
IMG_2083.jpg
IMG_2085.jpg
IMG_2087.jpg
Compared to the Blaze

CwmRaider
Ski style: XC-(D) tinkerer
Favorite Skis: Åsnes FT62 XP, Børge Ousland
Occupation: Very precise measurements of very small quantities.

Re: Alico NNN BC Boots

Post by CwmRaider » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:01 am

Awesome find! I hope you can try them out soon and give some more feedback!

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:42 am

I like the graphics on the tongue. There is no mistake what those boots are for, just in case the buckles don't tip you off. Have fun with them.

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:27 pm

WOW! such a cool piece of history. This is certainly UBER rare and worth $$$ amongst the rare breed of vintage leather collectors. This is a mantle piece!

Delam? I would not worry too much, soles of this kind can be reglued by any good cobbler. Its inevitable with the glue turn 15-20.
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:42 pm

wow, congrats....what a find! Mint condition!!! This harkens back to the day when Merrell was also making one-piece leather NNNBC boots. So you have the same Alico boot now in NNNBC and 75mm?? cool! I'm guessing these were on ebay in Europe?
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

jalp

Post by jalp » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:36 pm

@Roelant Yes, I'll give an update once we get enough snow here to give them a decent run or two!

@lowangle al Absolutely no question in my mind what these are for. I have had the NN version of these for a few years now. There's definitely a pretty robust plastic endoskeleton between the leather and inner liner in the ankle area. Heavy leather BC, weird, wonderful...

@bgregoire Definitely hoping that the soles hold up! I, as well as a friend of mine had boots with similar soles blow up in the last 2 years. For us it was the softer rubber lugs that separated from the harder nylon (?) outsole. I'll keep some glue handy.

@Cannatonic Yes, they definitely are (degree of break-in aside) the same upper as the NN Alico Blaze. These were listed in eastern Idaho. I've got the boot stretchers in at the moment. Stoked to have a BC boot with a stretchable one piece leather upper! Now I just need to sort out what ski to pair them with. Currently my widest mounted with NNN BC bindings is the Ingstad. Seems like a bit of a mismatch to me but I'll give it a go. I could also probably dredge up a wider down hill oriented ski.

stilltryin
Ski style: Wandering the untracked (by humans)
Favorite Skis: Voile V6 BC; Karhu XCD/GT
Favorite boots: Scarpa T3; Alpina Alaska NNN-BC

Post by stilltryin » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:40 pm

jalp wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:36 pm
...There's definitely a pretty robust plastic endoskeleton between the leather and inner liner in the ankle area.
Just for trivia sake, the Alico site says "salpa reinforced," (at least for the 3-pin version; nnnbc not listed) which I gather is some kind of laminated leather.

(The reason I have seen this: I recently resurrected my old 3-pin version of the Blaze and so was poking around the internet for info -- and to see if they are even still made -- still on Alico site, but are they still actually made?)
Edit: here is link.
http://www.alicosport.it/TELEMARK%20BOOT.htm

DPO777
Ski style: Cross Country, BackCountry, Out the back door Country
Favorite Skis: Karhu XCD GTs, refurbished wood top unknown skis from the 80s bought during an Alberta Snowmageddon
Favorite boots: Made in Italy 75 mil 3-Pin Alico leather boots. Put to rest Crispi leather boots.
Occupation: Retired now upgrading older ski stuff to more modern technology

Post by DPO777 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:10 am

jalp wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:56 pm
So, these arrived yesterday. The spoils of yet another late-night, alcohol-fueled eBay binge. They are basically an Alico Blaze upper with a BC sole. Man, these are some powerful boots! Looks like they may have been tried on once but other than that, zero miles on them. I've never run into anything like these with a BC sole. Unfortunately the sole is the old style that's prone to delamination, these look fine but that'll be on my mind. I just thought I'd share a few pics of a boot that probably doesn't pop up that often :D .
Wow fancy dancy colors. Is that NNN-BC boot a Alfa brand boot. Funny to see that both Alfa and Alico were uses the same color scheme on the straps.

Must of been the color of the year.

Alfa a Norwegian brand and Alico an Italian brand. Did a designer jump ship or did they share a manufacturing facility in the Czech Republic at that time? LOL