Ahahahaha....I'm going tele skiing in Feb!!

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
odarrow
Ski style: Telemark
Favorite Skis: K2 Kungfujas or the Workstinx
Favorite boots: T1 or TX Pro

Re: Ahahahaha....I'm going tele skiing in Feb!!

Post by odarrow » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:51 am

I would suggest mot going too wide...keep it around 100. I live in missoula and travel around a bit and my one ski quiver is the blizzard og95...the ski does it all good and is light!

bauerb

Post by bauerb » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:31 am

ah Missoula. I lost the starter in my car this past summer in Missoula. every hotel was sold out except the C'mon Inn. I drove to Bozeman without turning the car off.

bauerb

Post by bauerb » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:32 pm

I just waxed my skis. I have not waxed skis since high school. I did notice that these wide skis used up at least 2x the amount of wax I was expecting. I did go heavy because the skis had never been waxed before. its one thing to wax your skis on the kitchen table, but a whole different story to scrape them...I'll save the scraping for Montana. reminds me of the time when as a high school kid we ended up scraping our race skis in the back of a mini-van...with the skis laid out across the seat tops...I don't know why we did that, or why may parents allowed it, but it happened.

bauerb

Post by bauerb » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:18 am

I've just discovered that there is a citizen race series every Wednesday night in Feb in Whitefish. its a short GS course open to everyone and there is a Tele class. I think this will be alot of fun. there is also a Skimo race on March 3. if I am still there, I hope to enter the skimo. I'll just "run what I brung"...it should be fun.