Whoops! Peeled my ski a bit

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
trinacu

Whoops! Peeled my ski a bit

Post by trinacu » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:18 pm

I have done a few backcountry rounds, mostly not used roads, but I managed to get a few tele turns down some shallower slopes between the trees :)
Today I fell (more like stopped by putting my rear down because I wasn't sure if I was going to make it) and I believe that's where this happened. The edge on the tail of one ski peeled the top edge of the other (see picture). How bad is it? Any ideas? lilcliffy advised to use some epoxy to stick what seemed to be the start of delamination on my new skis. Should I peel the stuff that is "hanging" and then cover it with a layer of epoxy? I don't think it goes quite down to the wood but it is pretty close (circled the part where you can see some wood color).
pic2.jpg

wooley12

Re: Whoops! Peeled my ski a bit

Post by wooley12 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:47 pm

Pretty sure that will buff right out. ;)

I've done that to a few dozen skis. Smear some 2 part epoxy over anywhere moisture would get in. Wait for it to set. Go ski. Like fixing a hole in your ski pants with Goop, the scar on your ski will help you look core.