Rougemont for xmas gift, december 25th 2013

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Bri7

Rougemont for xmas gift, december 25th 2013

Post by Bri7 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:03 pm

Is there a better way to celebrate xmas than to start early with your new year's resolution (ski as much as possible)? Well i haven't find a better way yet :)

Since I live on the south shore of Montréal the numbers of backcountry destinations within an hour drive is rather limited. I kvow most of you don't like to share your secret powder stash but i'd don't bother sharing this destination with you. In fact I think i'm the only person to ski this location, I never saw another skier out there, not even traces... Feel free to come by, I'll show you what the mountain and its 390m as to offer.

There is a trail that leads to the summit if you park at the Cabane a sucre Mont Rouge. The trail is often used by ski-doo and pedestrian so its makes the ascension a lot easier.

The woods are mainly hard woods so it leaves enough spaces for skiing.

A lot of trails have been cut for quads during the summer.

The skin track (or ski doo track) to the summit

Almost to the summit

The summit itself. There a lot of choices from there; the powerline or one of the many trails...

See you around guys!
Last edited by Bri7 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Re: Rougemont for xmas gift, december 25th 2013

Post by Johnny » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:15 am

Yeah...! Keep it coming!
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."