- Posts: 1251
- Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:06 pm
- Location: Oakland County, MI
- Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
- Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
- Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March
- Occupation: Construction Manager
I have lots of miles left on my Alaska. That will be at least a couple of years. Lots of things change in a couple years, but I’ve never had any boot or shoe fit as good as my Alaska. The fit is why I bought an Alaska 75, when I really wanted a Norwegian welted boot. Well the fit and the less than $100 to my door last summer.
As far as style, I am a completely untrained Nordic skier. However in researching things Nordic I came across film of Jackrabbit Johannsen. While I don’t look people ski racing on TV, my skiing at least resembles Mr. Johannsen. I can live with that. I wish I had the legendary downhill ability of Mr. Johannsen.
- Posts: 319
- Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:49 am
- Ski style: Aspirational
- Favorite Skis: Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178)
- Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance
- Occupation: Beyond
I hope I have redeemed myself in your eyes!
I even fixed some bad stitching — this isn’t a high-wear area, so doesn’t seem like this should have happened.
- Posts: 2929
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:20 pm
- Location: Stanley, New Brunswick, Canada
- Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring
- Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad BC; Asnes Gamme 54 BC; Asnes Storetind Carbon; Madshus Annum; Asnes Comabt Nato
- Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance BC; Alpina Alaska BC; Crispi Svartisen BC; Scarpa T4
- Occupation: Forestry Professional
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.