BD Pitbull bindings on ebay

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

BD Pitbull bindings on ebay

Post by Woodserson » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:07 am

Anyone have any experience with these?

Pit Bull

Do they suit leather or plastic? Is the nostalgia worth it? Do you have crazy story?

dolbaby

Re: BD Pitbull bindings on ebay

Post by dolbaby » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:55 pm

I have a pair mounted on Discovery 102s. I primarily ski them with T4's, but I have used Alaska's and Ski March with them for longer lower angle skiing.

FWIW I like mine, they offer enough adjustability to work with softer boots and be moderately active in plastic boots. If I run them too loose they have a tendency to release at less than opportune times.

IIRC there were 2 versions, I think the second one retains the spring better when the cable snaps.

They also came with I think 3 different cable sizes so they won't fit all boot sizes without the right sized cable. Finding parts for them is getting difficult these days.

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:35 pm

One of the pretty rare that I didn't try. But I was interested at some point... The info i gathered was: «don't bother, they aren't reliable». The cable mechanism is fragile; lots were breaking them with plastic boots. I know also that the second generation is supposed to more reliable. I do not know about a leather boot + pitbull combo. I'd be afraid to crunch my toes... But if they are cheap, that could be interesting to try, to fiddle with, maybe to modify...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

MerrilYN

Post by MerrilYN » Thu May 13, 2021 8:59 am

I don't think they are very reliable. But maybe that's just my opinion. I will order and tell you for sure. Before I used some cheap plastic mounts. I almost killed myself because of them, they just fell apart at the most inopportune moment. And it took me a very long time to get them, so they were lost on the way. No one could tell me where they were, I used package tracker to find them. They were delivered to another post office, I had to call them and deal with it. Well eventually I picked them up, but there wasn't much joy from them.