Sizing a pair of NTN Scarpa TX-Pro on a 27.5cm foot

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
abrainard01

Sizing a pair of NTN Scarpa TX-Pro on a 27.5cm foot

Post by abrainard01 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:34 am

I live in New Zealand, so trying on Tele boots is impossible.

I have 27.5cm length foot. I also have a very narrow foot with a flat arch.
I'm interested in the NTN Scarpa TX-Pro

Would I be best with a 28 or 27.5 Size?

I'm wondering if the Scarpa TX- Pro Woman's might be better. Any Ideas?

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Re: Sizing a pair of NTN Scarpa TX-Pro on a 27.5cm foot

Post by Woodserson » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:44 am

Scarpa break on the half--

27.5 and 28 are the same shell, different liner.

I have 30.5 and 31 boots... the interior liner difference seems to be minimal to me.

THAT BEING SAID-- just measuring your foot in cm's doesn't necessarily give you the mondo size of the boot.

I am a US13, Euro 47, Mondo 30.5/31 and my foot is 29cm long from heel placed against the wall to the end of my longest toe.

Pealer

Re: Sizing a pair of NTN Scarpa TX-Pro on a 27.5cm foot

Post by Pealer » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:03 am

My longest foot measures 27.2, and I ski in two pairs of 26.5/27 TX Pros. The boots were uncomfortably small until I baked the liners, and now they're perfect. I "minimized" one pair for exclusively touring in the backcountry.

Anyway, for a decent fit that won't be too hard to achieve, I think you're on the right track with either the 27.5 or 28. Buy whichever pair is cheaper and bake the liners to fit your feet. BTW, I have the same shape foot you do and found that adding a foot board under each liner helped raise my foot for a better fit in the boot shell.