waxless ski suggestions

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
PatMcMullon

waxless ski suggestions

Post by PatMcMullon » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:56 pm

Hi All - I enjoy my E99s (thanks to @lilcliffy for taking a bunch of questions from me on my last search), and while waxing for warm weather still gives me fits on occasion, I enjoy waxing overall and it is great when I get it right.

That said, I'm interested in getting a new pair of waxless skis. I live on the Atlantic coast, and we can get lots of mild weather, snow/rain mix etc. and I'd like to have something I can just grab and go if I'm heading out for a quick (short?) ski at lunch or after work.

I can get a pair of the E99 waxless skis, or whatever the new version is called, but have seen good reviews of the Traverse 78s on here, so am interested in those too - have to go a bit shorter as it seems the new version top out at 196. I could also use the skins I got for my E99s with those as well.

Fischer waxless pattern seems to be well regarded. Anyone have any other suggestions, or thoughts on those fischer options?

Thanks as always for all help and insights.

Pat

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: waxless ski suggestions

Post by lowangle al » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:41 pm

I would consider a single camber ski. It will give variety to your quiver and they should glide well in the conditions you want them for.

riel
Ski style: BC XC
Favorite Skis: Asnes Gamme, Ingstad & Støretind, Fischer Mountain Cross & E99
Favorite boots: Fischer BCX675

Re: waxless ski suggestions

Post by riel » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:19 pm

PatMcMullon wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:56 pm
I can get a pair of the E99 waxless skis, or whatever the new version is called, but have seen good reviews of the Traverse 78s on here, so am interested in those too - have to go a bit shorter as it seems the new version top out at 196. I could also use the skins I got for my E99s with those as well.
The Traverse 78 is a fantastic ski. It was my main ski until I got some Asnes Ingstad and Sondre skis. The Traverse 78 might still be more versatile than either.

The camber and flex make it probably the most efficient ski in the OTX lineup. It has good traction, good glide, and turns great.