Forum name change?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Purple Hangover

Re: Forum name change?

Post by Purple Hangover » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:59 pm

Stephen wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:46 pm
You do seem to react as if some things said in response to your posts has been said to offend you.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What? Where did I do that? Should be very easy for you to point out where I did that. I'll wait here.

Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational Hack
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Post by Stephen » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:06 pm

@Purple Hangover, you will wait in vain, my friend, I’m definitely not wasting my time going down that rabbit hole!
:lol:
I think others have given you plenty of room to be real, which you seem to have squandered.
Wish you well.

Purple Hangover

Post by Purple Hangover » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:12 pm

:lol: :lol: Whatever man. Didn't mean to put you on the spot but what you said happened simply never happened. And you know it.

BTW, how am I not being "real"?

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:28 pm

Purple Hangover wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:12 pm
BTW, how am I not being "real"?
Who do you think you're fooling Donald?
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational Hack
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Post by Stephen » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:28 pm

I recently became aware of something I had never heard of before. It has helped me understand why it is that I just can’t grok some other people.

Theory of Mind
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_mind

“In psychology, theory of mind refers to the capacity to understand other people by ascribing mental states to them. These states may be different from one's own states and include beliefs, desires, intentions and emotions. Possessing a functional theory of mind is considered crucial for success in everyday human social interactions and is used when analyzing, judging, and inferring others' behaviors. Deficits can occur in people with autism spectrum disorders, genetic-based eating disorders, schizophrenia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder,[1] cocaine addiction,[2] and brain damage suffered from alcohol's neurotoxicity;[3] deficits associated with opiate addiction are reversed after prolonged abstinence.[4][5] Having a theory of mind is very similar to but not identical with having the capacity for empathy.[6]”

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Re: Unanswered Question

Post by fisheater » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:14 pm

Musk Ox wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:36 am
For about three years I've been trying to steer the conversation here to people's favourite lichen, hoofcare tips, how to avoid Danish people with a shooting license and getting the smell of musk out of your underwool in the rutting season and all people want to talk about is leather and 'grope wax'.
Well, I guess that is much more interesting than how nice it is to enjoy a beer while scraping klister off your skis, after a good ski!

Musk Ox
Ski style: Bad
Favorite Skis: I am a circumpolar mammal
Favorite boots: Hooves

Re: Unanswered Question

Post by Musk Ox » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:16 am

fisheater wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:14 pm
Musk Ox wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:36 am
For about three years I've been trying to steer the conversation here to people's favourite lichen, hoofcare tips, how to avoid Danish people with a shooting license and getting the smell of musk out of your underwool in the rutting season and all people want to talk about is leather and 'grope wax'.
Well, I guess that is much more interesting than how nice it is to enjoy a beer while scraping klister off your skis, after a good ski!
Toilet paper, baby powder and a cold one with fisheater. mmmm