Forum name change?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Purple Hangover

Re: Unanswered Question

Post by Purple Hangover » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:49 am

Montana St Alum wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:42 am

There's an old fighter pilot joke:

How does a woman know she's half way through a date with a fighter pilot?
It's about the time he says, "I've been talking about myself for hours now. Why don't you talk about me for a while"?

Got something you want to talk about? Spit it out!
Jesus, why the defensiveness? It's really weird coming back to a place you knew to see it all completely changed. Any reasonable person would say "WTF happened?" Lighten up, Francis.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: Forum name change?

Post by lowangle al » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:55 am

Who’s getting defensive here?

Purple Hangover

Post by Purple Hangover » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:56 am

What the hell just happened? Suddenly my thread is gone and everything was shoved into another one? Like I said, this place has changed.

Just read that link montana guy posted. Yep, that was it - Telemarktips and the forum was called Telemark Talk. So it's an entirely different site/forum. Now I get it. Did the crew from the original Telemark Talk migrate somewhere else or did they just find other ways to waste time :D ?

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:59 am

Musk Ox wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:36 am
For about three years I've been trying to steer the conversation here to people's favourite lichen, hoofcare tips, how to avoid Danish people with a shooting license and getting the smell of musk out of your underwool in the rutting season and all people want to talk about is leather and 'grope wax'.
Have you tried Kookaburra to wash your muskiness? Probably takes care of those dingleberries as well! It's got an antipodean bird on it so you know it's good!

Kookaburra Wash, No Scent, 16 oz

Montana St Alum
Ski style: Old dog, new school
Favorite Skis: Blizzard Rustler 9/10
Favorite boots: Tx Pro

Post by Montana St Alum » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:01 pm

[/quote]

Jesus, why the defensiveness? It's really weird coming back to a place you knew to see it all completely changed. Any reasonable person would say "WTF happened?" Lighten up, Francis.
[/quote]

No one is being defensive, other than you.

If you have a subject you'd like to discuss, discuss it.
Things have changed in 9 years, and you don't even know if it's the same website.
Join in. Or lurk. I don't XC ski, or tour, but I'm not going to tell everyone else they have to conform to the subjects I want to talk about.
Sometimes I join in. Sometimes I start a different thread. Sometimes I just lurk.

Purple Hangover

Post by Purple Hangover » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:02 pm

lowangle al wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:55 am
The guy who seemed to take offense at the fact that I would even pose such questions and then demanded that I "spit it out!"

If you're implying that I'm getting defensive then I don't think you really know what the word means.

Purple Hangover

Post by Purple Hangover » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:07 pm

Montana St Alum wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:01 pm
[/quote]

No one is being defensive, other than you.

If you have a subject you'd like to discuss, discuss it.
Things have changed in 9 years, and you don't even know if it's the same website.
Join in. Or lurk. I don't XC ski, or tour, but I'm not going to tell everyone else they have to conform to the subjects I want to talk about.
Sometimes I join in. Sometimes I start a different thread. Sometimes I just lurk.
[/quote]

How in the world am I being "defensive"? I never told anyone they had to "conform to the topics I want to talk about." I never said that nor did I ever imply it. I had a question - that was all. Ironically, you answered it: This is a completely different site that just happens to have the same name. The name doesn't really fit it seems but I don't care. Talk about whatever you want to talk about, cowboy.

Montana St Alum
Ski style: Old dog, new school
Favorite Skis: Blizzard Rustler 9/10
Favorite boots: Tx Pro

Post by Montana St Alum » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:08 pm

Purple Hangover wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:02 pm
lowangle al wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:55 am
The guy who seemed to take offense at the fact that I would even pose such questions and then demanded that I "spit it out!"

If you're implying that I'm getting defensive then I don't think you really know what the word means.
No. You're not defensive at all.

You: "PS - I used to post here long ago but not a lot - more of a lurker. Can't even remember what screen name I used."
Maybe it was telemarkTIPS, not this site, as I suggested.

Again:
There was another site. Telemark tips. THIS IS TELEMARK TALK.
https://earnyourturns.com/18701/telemar ... -2013-rip/

It died. IDK if this site evolved out of that, or if it is a case of parallel evolution.

There's an old fighter pilot joke:

How does a woman know she's half way through a date with a fighter pilot?
It's about the time he says, "I've been talking about myself for hours now. Why don't you talk about me for a while"?

This wasn't a "Demand that I, "spit it out". It's a commonly used phrase that means "if you have something to say, say it".
In other words, if there's a subject you're interested in, bring it up.
You are being extremely sensitive.
Last edited by Montana St Alum on Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Purple Hangover

Post by Purple Hangover » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:10 pm

Montana St Alum wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:08 pm
You are being extremely sensitive.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my. Bye Felicia.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:13 pm

Montana St Alum wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:08 pm
Nothing new here. "Those" aggressive guys talking about the old site are here for one very specific reason.
Look carefully, THEY will deviously spit it out in 3, 2, 1...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."