Forum name change?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Musk Ox
Ski style: Bad
Favorite Skis: I am a circumpolar mammal
Favorite boots: Hooves

Re: Unanswered Question

Post by Musk Ox » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:14 pm

Can we please get back on topic?

If I put Swix 0°Latitude Polar Special 'grope wax' on ALL of my hooves rather then just in the grope pocket on my hind hooves, as is recommended on LilCliffy's 'Waxing for dingleberry-shattering cold in the high arctic' thread, will it cause drag when I flee from Danish hunters on the inland ice in temperatures below -55°C?

I hate this website.

Montana St Alum
Ski style: Old dog, new school
Favorite Skis: Blizzard Rustler 9/10
Favorite boots: Tx Pro

Post by Montana St Alum » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:19 pm

Musk Ox wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:14 pm

If I put Swix 0°Latitude Polar Special 'grope wax' on ALL of my hooves rather then just in the grope pocket on my hind hooves, as is recommended on LilCliffy's 'Waxing for dingleberry-shattering cold in the high arctic' thread, will it cause drag when I flee from Danish hunters on the inland ice in temperatures below -55°C?

I hate this website.
When can we start talking about me again? This is boring.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:21 pm

Montana St Alum wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:19 pm
Musk Ox wrote:

I hate this website.
Woah I never thought about shattering my dingleberries off. Gonna save me $$$ fosho

Musk Ox

Post by Musk Ox » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:25 pm

Montana St Alum wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:19 pm
Musk Ox wrote:

I hate this website.
Yawn :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :roll: :roll:

I still remember when this place was called MontanaStAlumTips. We used to discuss Montana St Alum properly, goof around. Talk about Monatana St Alum. What happened to those guys.

Kookaburra is good.

Montana St Alum

Post by Montana St Alum » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:33 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yawn :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :roll: :roll:

I still remember when this place was called MontanaStAlumTips. We used to discuss Montana St Alum properly, goof around. Talk about Monatana St Alum. What happened to those guys.

Kookaburra is good.
[/quote]

I like it! You're now in my will.

Musk Ox

Re: Forum name change?

Post by Musk Ox » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:48 pm

Back on topic, can anyone recommend plastic tele boots for an oviboid mammal with circular feet?

I've been using small bathroom pedal bins turned upside down modded with a hole cut in the base for my little leggies but I'm sick of the hinges getting iced up. There has to be a better solution.

Purple Hangover

Post by Purple Hangover » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:55 pm

Johnny wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:13 pm
Montana St Alum wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:08 pm
Got something you want to talk about? Spit it out!
Nothing new here. "Those" aggressive guys talking about the old site are here for one very specific reason.
Look carefully, he will deviously spit it out in 3, 2, 1...
Absolutely no idea what this means.

Musk Ox is funny though.

Montana St Alum

Post by Montana St Alum » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:17 pm

[/quote]

Nothing new here. "Those" aggressive guys talking about the old site are here for one very specific reason.
Look carefully, THEY will deviously spit it out in 3, 2, 1...
[/quote]

Wow, it's like you're "psychedelic"!

Nitram Tocrut
Ski style: Backyard XC skiing if that is a thing
Favorite Skis: Sverdrup and MT51
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska NNNBC

Post by Nitram Tocrut » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:36 pm

When do we really know that snow has to start showing up ingreater quantity? Just read the entire thread and you will get the answer 8-)

Seriously, can it snow so that we actually disconnect from the forum and actually ski so we can talk about that afterward ;)

Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational Hack
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Post by Stephen » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:46 pm

Warning, do not look for a cohesive message below, you will find only rambling rambles…
(Everything said below is said with no malice toward @Purple Hangover, only thoughts and observations.)

Hey @Purple Hangover, seems like you might be a decent guy.
The people you remember are all 15 years older now. Probably have kids and a mortgage.
Plus, life is change. People’s interests change.

I’m guessing a lot of Tele skiers have aged out of the sport.
I think people like me, later in life, are pretty much outliers to still be here (or have come back).

I have to give you credit for starting a thread that has generated a fair bit of humor.
You are new here. Those who have been here for a while have a sense of where the boundary between humor and offense might be for other members. I sometimes fear I may overstep that boundary, but hope to never do that with ill-will.

So, I think you will find folks here to be quite accepting, if you give them a chance.
You do seem to react as if some things said in response to your posts has been said to offend you.
Having read through all this, I don’t think that is the case.
Maybe we could all start off again, on a new foot, with the understanding there is no ill-will meant, and with an intent to seek to understand?

One final thought that has been bouncing around inside that empty space between my ears is:

Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know. Close your mouth, block off your senses, blunt your sharpness, untie your knots, soften your glare, settle your dust. This is the primal identity. Be like the Tao. It can’t be approached or withdrawn from, benefited or harmed, honored or brought into disgrace. It gives itself up continually. That is why it endures.

Certainly there is much knowledge here, but I would think that most of the noise is from those who don’t know and are seeking wisdom.