Fischer BCX Europa 109 Tour

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Bohemian
Ski style: AT, telemark, BC, XC, snowboard (alpine)

Re: Fischer BCX Europa 109 Tour

Post by Bohemian » Sun May 15, 2022 4:55 pm

fisheater wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:47 pm
You’re becoming quite the beast! Not that I can talk, but photos would be cool. That’s from a guy that rarely takes photos!
Pictures to be uploaded when I get round to it, intention is soon. Since mid February I've been busy: first our participation in the Baltic Sea Circle Winter Edition Rally (organised adventure road trip whereby all team must also raise funds for any charity ; Hamburg via Denmark & Sweden to the North Cape, back to Hamburg through Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithiania, Poland ; https://www.facebook.com/icesailors ) ; been out working almost non-stop since that trip.

Meanwhile scored 2 more sets of old BC skis:
Fischer S-bound Boundless 98 crown (98-69-88) 169cm with R'fella Chili bindings (these bindings will be swapped for something lighter) and a set of Outtabounds crown (88-68-78) 179cm with 3-pin rat traps. Both with the old negative fishscales.
I think they're both about 20 years old, but for 50EUR for both sets together + some fuel I won't complain :P
We'll see later for which skiers weights these are suitable and if they're any good, surely good enough for a bit of playing around! Will need to do some yoyoing to compare them with the E109. Enough gear for now (except a set of 3-pin bindings) : Next winter will be about improving my crappy technique both flat and downhill :lol:
Werner Munter: "What is the most dangerous group in the mountains? A group of avalanche experts! The avalanche doesn't know you're an expert" ;)

Bohemian

Post by Bohemian » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:50 pm

Update: the E109 178 set was very nice to use but ultimately I think they are on the short side for me (60~62kg without backpack, boots, clothes). This set will now serve for a lighter person at a cottage in Finland.
Meanwhile I got hold of some other skis in various dimensions from Norway (Also to have something for visitors as one cannot rent BC skis anywhere in my area), some of which were given away for free, others for max 20 EUR. Mostly old but still usable stuff. Amongst these were a set (200 NOK / 20 EUR) of Atomic ARC Telemark 180cm which I've used a bit this winter. Ultimately these are OK but also on the short side for me. Also there was a set of E109 of the same design as my 178s in 188cm: I may use these myself after an epoxy repair: behind the heel the top sheet is damaged on the sides, you can see the wood, anyway, these came for free and have good 3-pin bindings which I can always move to other skis.

Now we need better winters than this one: absolute crap in the Alps and Bohemian Forest except for some days... 2021 we got more lucky with half a metre of solid base + 20cm fluff in the 2nd week of December..
Werner Munter: "What is the most dangerous group in the mountains? A group of avalanche experts! The avalanche doesn't know you're an expert" ;)

Markus
Ski style: Old skool tele style, on long skinny skis (but with new boots s & bindings).
Favorite Skis: Madshus Voss wax and E109 Crown.
Favorite boots: Rossi XP12 Explore

Post by Markus » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:08 pm

Yep, 178cm on E109 is a bit short for a 60ish kg skier. My wife and I both ski 190cm (E109 circa 2015). Great kick and glide, turns fine in soft snow with just a 3-pin and T3s.

Markus
Turn baby turn, Tele Inferno!

Bohemian

Post by Bohemian » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:10 am

@Markus : Isn't a Scarpa T3 boot a bit big / heavy / beefy for a narrow more XC oriented ski like the E109 ?