One ski to rule them all! A one ski quiver for all disciplines

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational Hack
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Re: One ski to rule them all! A one ski quiver for all disciplines

Post by Stephen » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:04 am

Ok boys, time to come in for some cookies and milk, then a story and nap time.

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:57 am

Musk Ox wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:42 am
mikael.oh wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:26 am
Looks like most people have returned from Triggertown. That's good. It's ok to visit there from time to time as long as we remember that Stokeville is a MUCH nicer place to live!

I don't reply to negative comments made in Triggertown because I know it's not the true nature of the people making them, and it's just a transitory phase.

Musk Ox,, my time, as everyone's, is precious.
Your first reply was an honest one with lots of good questions and I was gearing up to answer them all when I had the time. But then you started going on and on about nipples, derailing the discussion and cheapening it. Making fun of it. You must realize this lessens my eagerness to spend time giving you detailed answers to your questions?

I live in Stoke City. I'm an infinite being with limitless potential, and so are all of you!
Don't expect me to make myself small. Instead make yourselves large. Expand. Believe in yourselves. Keep it pure. Keep the Stoke.
I am genuinely concerned about your cold nipples.

Edit: For context, I am an infinitely loving mammal filled with compassion and limitless concern. It fills me with great sadness that you cannot see that I am attempting to reach out to you across the void with untriggered kindness and wooly hygge. Believe in love, Mikael. Try it. You are worth it. You have nothing to lose. Your life will only be richer.

When you are ready, love is waiting for you.

Like lichen on an arctic rock waiting to be nibbled.
Definitely true...Musk, you are like the old wise but with horns...

I do have another concern; well it sort of conjugates with yours, you will see:

If Michael is going out in Transnordic high boots and red underwear, does it make him a sort of Nordic Trans Ski Hooker, a NTSH? I mean I would like to discuss this topic cold headed, with a scholastic tone...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:53 am

mikael.oh wrote:

Your first reply was an honest one with lots of good questions and I was gearing up to answer them all when I had the time. But then you started going on and on about nipples, derailing the discussion and cheapening it. Making fun of it. You must realize this lessens my eagerness to spend time giving you detailed answers to your questions?

I live in Stoke City. I'm an infinite being with limitless potential, and so are all of you!
Don't expect me to make myself small. Instead make yourselves large. Expand. Believe in yourselves. Keep it pure. Keep the Stoke.
Woah Woah Woah Woah! Who's in Triggertown now? You are not feeling the love and attention the Great Muskie Of the North (temporarily Copenhagen) is giving you here. You are trivializing it. He doesn't shower attention on anyone, you know? This is a great honor. Sit back and read around the forum a bit. You will see. Learning the ways of the Sense of Humour makes for long life and much love to spread around the peoples. Bask in the glow of the Musk, find a path to laughter!

You are a Viking it is clear. All the Great Vikings had great laughs and fun jokes and witty verses. Be the Great Viking you were meant to be!

X-Nip coming to you 2022/2023

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:07 am

Sorry for going against the grain here but this guy is a braggart. Making absurd proclamations, wearing only bright red shorts in January, spewing the peace/love drivel, bragging about how hardcore he was when younger...doesn't make him a bad person or a bad skier but it sure is annoying.

randoskier
Ski style: awkward
Favorite Skis: snow skis
Favorite boots: go-go

Post by randoskier » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:08 am

Skis are like cameras-

The best camera is the one in your hand.

The best ski is the one on your feet.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:35 am

randoskier wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:08 am
Skis are like cameras-

Wine, too.

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:36 am

randoskier wrote:
Skis are like cameras-

Very true... I would add: the best frying pan is on your stove top... not on your roof (unless the sun is very strong...).
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

randoskier

Post by randoskier » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:56 am

Woodserson wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:35 am
randoskier wrote:
Skis are like cameras-

Wine, too.
Wine absolutely! Who needs the wine talk of the sophisticates?

randoskier

Post by randoskier » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:04 am

connyro wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:07 am
Sorry for going against the grain here but this guy is a braggart. Making absurd proclamations, wearing only bright red shorts in January, spewing the peace/love drivel, bragging about how hardcore he was when younger...doesn't make him a bad person or a bad skier but it sure is annoying.
Get that but cut him some slack; it is a generational thing coupled with excessive, prescriptive technology.

mikael.oh

Post by mikael.oh » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:09 am

Woodserson wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:53 am
mikael.oh wrote:

Woah Woah Woah Woah! Who's in Triggertown now? You are not feeling the love and attention the Great Muskie Of the North (temporarily Copenhagen) is giving you here. You are trivializing it. He doesn't shower attention on anyone, you know? This is a great honor. Sit back and read around the forum a bit. You will see. Learning the ways of the Sense of Humour makes for long life and much love to spread around the peoples. Bask in the glow of the Musk, find a path to laughter!

You are a Viking it is clear. All the Great Vikings had great laughs and fun jokes and witty verses. Be the Great Viking you were meant to be!

X-Nip coming to you 2022/2023
I've given him, what, 3 or 4 opportunities to drop the act and just be genuine, and he always goes for the cheap shot. I don't vibe well with people that are unable to be real and has to turn everything into a joke. Not worth my time or energy

I could say the same for the general vibe here lately. I'm not gonna keep pouring energy into this place only for it to be met with childish acting out. I will not be dragged down to that level. So, until some of the triggering turns into breakthroughs, my energy is better spent elsewhere, like skiing. Enjoy your sandbox and do let me know if some expansion happens that will make it worth my time again.