One ski to rule them all! A one ski quiver for all disciplines

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational Hack
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Re: One ski to rule them all! A one ski quiver for all disciplines

Post by Stephen » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:03 pm

Musk Ox wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:32 pm
two unironic thumbs up...
Anyone who uses words I have to look up automatically gets two thumbs up!
:D

Ullrsson
Ski style: Nordic BC
Favorite Skis: Fischer E88, Åsnes Amundsen, SummitCone Vagabond

Post by Ullrsson » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:23 pm

This has been one of the best threads on this forum. Love the enthusiasm.

Lubega6
Ski style: Steeper terrain below tree line
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad
Favorite boots: Alaskas

Post by Lubega6 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:18 pm

OK. This guy is awesome and pretty much skilled (someone being better than me doesn't hurt my ego -it's inspiring). He also proved that the Fischer BCX Transnordic boots are worth digging, that is really something.

I'm also surprised by the amount of negative attention this post has recieved so far, since this forum has a good track record of tolerance and open-mindness. What especially deceives me is that a part of these petty, unhelpful comments have been written by fellow Québécois, which also have a good reputation of tolerance and open-mindness. As a French Canadian, I feel a bit ashamed.

Don't mind these people. And keep it up.

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:30 pm

On parle pour parler mec... le gars est un bon skieur, pas de doute. Juste une peu mégalo. Prends pas le mors aux dents, c'est juste un forum sur le ski. Ça s'échauffe un peu parfois; ce n'est ni la première, ni la dernière fois...

Allez hop, tout nu tout le monde!
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:36 pm

Ok translation. It is obvious that this guy is a good skier... And we can relate to his enthusiasm, his skiing idiosyncrisis... Pretty rare you see guys skiing in Gamme, Fischer TN, on groomers... half naked, forgot to say. So yeah, cool. But I must say that there is a *little* megalomania in his ways (from his writings)... But hey, that's okay; it made me react a bit. But man, go for it!
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

jyw5

Post by jyw5 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:49 am

Lubega6 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:18 pm
OK. This guy is awesome and pretty much skilled (someone being better than me doesn't hurt my ego -it's inspiring). He also proved that the Fischer BCX Transnordic boots are worth digging, that is really something.

I'm also surprised by the amount of negative attention this post has recieved so far, since this forum has a good track record of tolerance and open-mindness. What especially deceives me is that a part of these petty, unhelpful comments have been written by fellow Québécois, which also have a good reputation of tolerance and open-mindness. As a French Canadian, I feel a bit ashamed.

he is a great skiier. I applaud him and was totally kidding and just adding fuel to the fire after fisheaters post.

I also do want to point out that an average skiier can get disillusioned into thinking they can pick up a pair of Gammes and leathers and just start shredding down the mountain in red underwear.

lol

Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational Hack
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Post by Stephen » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:17 am

jyw5 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:49 am
I also do want to point out that an average skiier can get disillusioned into thinking they can pick up a pair of Gammes and leathers and just start shredding down the mountain in red underwear.

lol
I need to change my plans for tomorrow — would blue underwear make any difference?
Boxers or briefs?
Wool or cotton?
Maybe leather!
Better protection if / when I fall.
:lol:

Musk Ox
Ski style: Bad
Favorite Skis: I am a circumpolar mammal
Favorite boots: Hooves

Post by Musk Ox » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:41 am

Lubega6 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:18 pm

Ah, he's cool! The naked skiing is awesome and he's genuinely bonkers, and that is never bad. The world, and this forum, can absorb this energy just fine. He is an M F PIMP. This is his home. Knock the snow off your gaiters and have some of that weird Norwegian brandy by the fire.

But to be diplomatic, while he is a M F PIMP and I want him to post more, if you post literal 360° footage of yourself mashing groomers on skinny skis with no clothes on in January and you then ask "Why is everyone concentrating on my cold nips rather than the fact that I have just invented skiing?" you must be prepared for a little bit of WTF MF PIMP? Ha ha!

But this is all academic. I'm prototyping a wooly nip-protector designed by @Woodserson and we're pitching it to Åsnes this evening. Say hello to X-Nip. Available in 35mm, 40mm and 45mm muskhair.

mikael.oh

Post by mikael.oh » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:26 am

Looks like most people have returned from Triggertown. That's good. It's ok to visit there from time to time as long as we remember that Stokeville is a MUCH nicer place to live!

I don't reply to negative comments made in Triggertown because I know it's not the true nature of the people making them, and it's just a transitory phase.

Musk Ox,, my time, as everyone's, is precious.
Your first reply was an honest one with lots of good questions and I was gearing up to answer them all when I had the time. But then you started going on and on about nipples, derailing the discussion and cheapening it. Making fun of it. You must realize this lessens my eagerness to spend time giving you detailed answers to your questions?

I live in Stoke City. I'm an infinite being with limitless potential, and so are all of you!
Don't expect me to make myself small. Instead make yourselves large. Expand. Believe in yourselves. Keep it pure. Keep the Stoke.

Musk Ox
Ski style: Bad
Favorite Skis: I am a circumpolar mammal
Favorite boots: Hooves

Post by Musk Ox » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:42 am

mikael.oh wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:26 am
Looks like most people have returned from Triggertown. That's good. It's ok to visit there from time to time as long as we remember that Stokeville is a MUCH nicer place to live!

I don't reply to negative comments made in Triggertown because I know it's not the true nature of the people making them, and it's just a transitory phase.

Musk Ox,, my time, as everyone's, is precious.
Your first reply was an honest one with lots of good questions and I was gearing up to answer them all when I had the time. But then you started going on and on about nipples, derailing the discussion and cheapening it. Making fun of it. You must realize this lessens my eagerness to spend time giving you detailed answers to your questions?

I live in Stoke City. I'm an infinite being with limitless potential, and so are all of you!
Don't expect me to make myself small. Instead make yourselves large. Expand. Believe in yourselves. Keep it pure. Keep the Stoke.
I am genuinely concerned about your cold nipples.

Edit: For context, I am an infinitely loving mammal filled with compassion and limitless concern. It fills me with great sadness that you cannot see that I am attempting to reach out to you across the void with untriggered kindness and wooly hygge. Believe in love, Mikael. Try it. You are worth it. You have nothing to lose. Your life will only be richer.

When you are ready, love is waiting for you.

Like lichen on an arctic rock waiting to be nibbled.